Sgt. Reed
    Sgt. Phelps
    Sgt. Wayne
    Graduation date: Dec. 08, 1989
    Still got my supply issued sunglasses and surfboard. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    MY NAME IS PARRIS ISLAND"

If you have been here, you know my name, My name is Parris Island.I was officially started in 1915 and I've seen recruits come and go by the thousands. If you were here when you got here by ferry boat, then you are truly old Corps. All recruits see my main gate only twice, once on the way in and once on the way out.Mostly you come by bus in the middle of the night. Tall,short,fat, skinny, black and white, long hair, short hair.You come through my main gate laughing some scared, mostly you act like teenagers, mostly you are teenagers.You each come here for your own reasons, but most come to test themselves, most need a direction in their lives. As you pass through my main gate your lives will change from that point on. I hope to see you leave as Marines, but you will not all leave together as Marines.Some will leave by themselves ,not Marines. They did not make the goal, my heart goes out to them, but not everyone can be a Marine. But today my heart is full of pride, for the next graduation of recruits, now MARINES, is leaving my front gate, teenagers no more but young men & women with a history to live up to.13 weeks and just look at the change. You know this is a happy day for me, but my best days are yet to come. That's when these Marines come back to see me 20, 30, 40 years from now. Oh yea, a lot of the old ones come back to see me, they have not forgottenOld Parris Island and I have not forgotten them. Former Marines and I have this bond, it's in our blood, it's PRIDE it is where it all started for both of us. My sad days are the ones that those that can't come back to see me those that were killed in WW1, WW11,Korea,Viet Nam, Beirut and all the little actions around the world. Hey, I've got to go have a bus load coming in tonight and one leaving in the morning...SEMPER FI!! You all come back and see me you hear!!

Bruce 1883755
    http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com

Check out the glasses---any questions---lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce59
    MY NAME IS PARRIS ISLAND"

If you have been here, you know my name, My name is Parris Island.I was officially started in 1915 and I've seen recruits come and go by the thousands. If you were here when you got here by ferry boat, then you are truly old Corps. All recruits see my main gate only twice, once on the way in and once on the way out.Mostly you come by bus in the middle of the night. Tall,short,fat, skinny, black and white, long hair, short hair.You come through my main gate laughing some scared, mostly you act like teenagers, mostly you are teenagers.You each come here for your own reasons, but most come to test themselves, most need a direction in their lives. As you pass through my main gate your lives will change from that point on. I hope to see you leave as Marines, but you will not all leave together as Marines.Some will leave by themselves ,not Marines. They did not make the goal, my heart goes out to them, but not everyone can be a Marine. But today my heart is full of pride, for the next graduation of recruits, now MARINES, is leaving my front gate, teenagers no more but young men & women with a history to live up to.13 weeks and just look at the change. You know this is a happy day for me, but my best days are yet to come. That's when these Marines come back to see me 20, 30, 40 years from now. Oh yea, a lot of the old ones come back to see me, they have not forgottenOld Parris Island and I have not forgotten them. Former Marines and I have this bond, it's in our blood, it's PRIDE it is where it all started for both of us. My sad days are the ones that those that can't come back to see me those that were killed in WW1, WW11,Korea,Viet Nam, Beirut and all the little actions around the world. Hey, I've got to go have a bus load coming in tonight and one leaving in the morning...SEMPER FI!! You all come back and see me you hear!!

Bruce 1883755
    http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com

OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING MARINE. PROUD TO SAY YOU ARE A BROTHER. KEEP IT UP. AFTER I GET BETTER ON THE COMPUTER I MY BE ABLE TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS. OUTSTANDING.

Always A Marine

I WENT TO PARRIS ISLAND JAN 5,1978
    1ST RECRUIT BN
    PLATOON 1000
    SENIOR DI SSGT RHODES
    ASST DI SGT ADAMS
    ASST DI SSGT SLEDGE

I HAVE DONE ALOT SINCE THEN BUT NOTHING I AM AS PROUD OF!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did boot at Parris Island,3rd BN,PLT 3057.SSgt M.A.Robinson,Sgt Vacina,Sgt Blish.

I did my boot in SAN DIEGO !!! Me and my cheap sun glass!! 1st plt, 1009. Grad 03jul66. What a fun time we all had. OOhrah

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    P.I Jun '69. Plt 3011 Extra month for lack of pullups. "A fun time was had by all". Turned 18, Oct 19, at I T R, Lejune.

P.S. the D.I.s pulled out a tv and let us watch them land on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    P.I Jun '69. Plt 3011 Extra month for lack of pullups. "A fun time was had by all". Turned 18, Oct 19, at I T R, Lejune.

P.S. the D.I.s pulled out a tv and let us watch them land on the moon
    Hey just sent you a note. Thank we were around the same fuzzy toxic mold. HHAHA Better you that me doing the extra month. (joke )

Semper Fi Marine

Quote Originally Posted by wader
    Paris Island 2nd Bn Plt 253 April-May-June 1967 when the "fleas" breed. SSgt Machaue (sp), Sgt Green, Sgt Haus and Sgt Robinson.

U.S. MARINE CORP RECRUIT DEPOT
    PARRIS ISLAND , SOUTH CAROLINA

3rd. Bn
    Platoon 3016
    Mar. 1980-May 1980

Senior Drill Instructor- GySgt Ward
    SSgt Earl
    Sgt Dowdy (SOB)
    Sgt Post

BTW, we were called Private then and did ICT!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still never saw/felt any fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I still never saw/felt any fleas.

Oh I know San Diego had at least one merit lol

Sand Fleas were a cross between a mosquito and a wasp, the bug juice they issued us never worked and only SSS worked.
    I remember leaving chow and having what ever DI we had for the evening have us hippity hop through the grass behind 3 Bn. HQ just to call the platoon to attention for about 15 minutes so "His little bugs could eat too" lol

Thread Information