Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 32
Create Post
Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

went to boot

well let me tell you, being born and raised in San Diego Ca, it was only natural that I join the biggest and baddest gang in the world, so I signed up. Went to Mep's, downtown ( the old SD courthouse ) waited all day as people shuffeled in and out, I just could not be patient about when I was leaving. Well soon there were only five of us left and they were getting ready to close for the day, when someone told us that our ride to M.C.R.D. had arrived, ( oh Goodie ). Well goodie, it was, a black stretch Limo,( I sware to GOD), the driver asked us if we wanted to go for a ride before we arrive in hell, being full of **** and vinegar we said bring it on. We toured the city like Rock Stars, and before we new it we were at the back door of processing. The driver told us to enter the doorway turn right at the hallway and say WE ARE here. Well lets say we were properly introduced to the Worlds Finest DI, ( can you feel the pucker factor) what a set up, any ways the rest is history and I would, re due it all in a heart beat.

MCRDPI, H Co., PLT 2118

Platoon 3091, H Company, 3rd Battalion
    Graduated 20 November 1985
    Parris Island, SC

MCRD PISC Plt 3119 Sep 1990- Dec 1990

SGT Altemoos SDI
    SGT Devaney
    SGT Wright

Dec 65 Plt 3009 3rd Bn MCRD PI,

SSgt Tadlock,
    Sgt Pope,
    Sgt Neimeyer,
    Sgt Gould (KIA Vietnam 1967)

August 2000 - October 2000 1stBn MCRD San Diego

SSgt Villa - SDI
    SSgt Cardenas
    Sgt Green

I went to MCRD San Diego Plt 1011 Dco 1st RTB 86

My brother Hap went to MCRD PISC 2nd RTB 71

beautiful sunny san diego

PIMCRD A CO. PLT 1068 SDI: SSGT Tyson DI: SSGT Del Rio DI: SSGT Jeudes

MCRD San Diego, Plt 2064- graduated August 31, 1971.
    Platoon commander SSgt Thompson
    Drill Instructor Sgt Jones
    Drill Instructor Sgt Reddy

Quote Originally Posted by J Paul Kay
    MCRD San Diego, Plt 2064- graduated August 31, 1971.
    Platoon commander SSgt Thompson
    Drill Instructor Sgt Jones
    Drill Instructor Sgt Reddy
    I think I saw you J. Paul, laughing and smerking at us as our bus came onto PI to start our adventure in the "suck" lol.

Platoon 296
    August 30, 1971-December 13, 1971

Semper fi Brother

MCRD San Diego

Plt 2209, or as SSgt McClain would say, "twent-two oh nienne. ATTACK"

November 1967 to Jan '68. Spent Christmas and New Years on the rifle range. We didn't have a Senior Drill Instructor, we had a Platoon Comander name of SSgt W. W. Taylor and a newby (we were his first platoon out of DI school) name of Sgt C. A. Fell. Sgt Fell just got back from Viet Nam and had a Bronze Star for finding a stash of munitions, at least that's how I recall it now.

Aww, those were the happy days. Drilling on the grinder and wanting to be on one of those commercial jet liners going home that went overhead about every 5 minutes. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Mcrd Pi

I started my Marine Corps journey in 3rd battalion H company in 04/84 and Drill Instructor'sSgt.Witt and Sgt.Gibbs i owe you.and i never had the chance to thank you. So thanks. For in my toughest times in life i can hear ya. And this i will take to my death..Now i've earned the right to say thanks Brothers

From Richie Feliciano Lcpl.

Thumbs up OoooRah!!!

Plt 3129 MCRD San Diego Graduated Valentines day 1975

Nov 74 to Feb 75 Plt 3129 MCRD SD

SDI SSgt Acevedo
    Sgt Burns
    Sgt Anderson

Thread Information