VA can no longer charge insurance co. for service
Create Post

VA can no longer charge insurance co. for service

As of Jan. 1 2013 the VA can no longer charge insurance co. for none service connected illness. I have United Health Insu. and they have been paying the VA for my service at the VA for over 18 yrs. now Obama said the insu. co, no longer have to pay any part of the hosp. stay at any VA even if it is non service connected. I heard from some of the vets at Haley in Tampa that they were going to start moving us to tricare for non connected illness. You can bet your ass I am going to send my bills to United Health. I pay just over $500. a mo. for insurance for the wife an being I am 70 yrs old.

I went to the doctor out side the va and when I went back to the va they need all my record from the civ. doctor. So when I called for my records the doctor said he would send them for $35.00 + $1.00 a page.

Ken

Similar Threads:

Fill out Form 21-4142 and return the signed form to the VA with your doctors information on it. The VA will request the civilian records and the doctor cannot charge the VA.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Shawn,
    Va Form 21-4142 is for release of information. The Doctor cannot charge the VA for the info but they can charge the patient, Yes ?

The VA cannot bill Medicare/Medicaide for any services but they can bill Supplemental Insurance Coverage, True Words ???

This is what Ken is asking.

The VA cannot bill Medicare/Medicaide for any services but they can bill Supplemental Insurance Coverage, True Words ???

Rocky

As of Jan. 2013 The VA can not charge Supplemental Insu. Coverage anymore. They dont ask if you have other insurance when you are cheking in at the VA any more.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good to know Ken.
    Thank you Brother.

So just keep the Supplemental if you want to use an outside provider for something other than the VA.

If not, drop the extra payment for it.

If you personally ask a doctor they are going to charge you an arm and a leg. They cannot charge the VA though. Hence have the VA request any doctors documents that you need for your claim. The VA must use due process and request these records once a Form 21-4142 is completed for your claim.

Thread Information