6 Marines dead in explosion at Nevada Army depot
Create Post

6 Marines dead in explosion at Nevada Army depot

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...ada-Army-depot

RENO, NV (NBC) -- Six U.S. Marines were killed and eight wounded when a mortar exploded during a live-fire training exercise late Monday at an Army munitions depot in the Nevada desert, military officials told NBC News.

A 60-millimeter mortar exploded in a tube at Hawthorne Army Depot as Marines were preparing to fire it, the officials said.

NBC affiliate KRNV in Reno reported that an explosion rocked the facility, just east of the California line, just before 10 p.m.

The injured were taken to two hospitals. Stacy Kendall, a spokeswoman for Renown Regional Medical Center, said that it was treating eight people wounded in the blast, three in serious condition and five in fair condition. She said that the injuries included traumas and fractures.

Similar Threads:

RIP, Marines

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marines...

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Sad day for the USMC. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families. My gratitude goes out to the fallen.

Sorry to say it is now 7 dead

Has a Marine, we are told in basic, that anything, anytime can take us away from here. As a Pastor, I say we need to pray for our Brother Marines and their families cause the day is going to come when the phone calls stop, friends stop visiting and all you have is your family. So join me in prayer for Marines all over this nation and country active and in-active, retired and pasted away that we has Marines now and forever will hold up our heads for the best and with the best the UNITED STATES MARINE CROPS with our Lord and Savior by our side.....

Amen brother amen

My son is in the 1-9 and was literally in the same place doing the same thing only the day before. Although I was 99% sure he had left for Bridgeport on Sunday, I was still worried and profoundly affected by this tragic news. Years ago it must have been tougher with little to no quick communication. My son called me late today to report he was safely in Bridgeport. Last night they came into his barracks and confiscated everyone's cell phones so the story could be contained, pending notification of the next of kin. My son knew very few details, but needless to say is devastated with the loss of his fellow Marines. I have been praying throughout the day for healing for their loved ones, and the fellow Marines injured.

Not a good day for the Corps to say the least. May our brothers RIP and those wounded brothers survive this tradgey.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just found out one of the Marines killed was from 2 towns over from me...

God be with you all during this tragedy.

RIP Marine Brothers, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information