Poolees quit DEP?
Create Post

Poolees quit DEP?

Did not think this was possible, have had two poolees drop out (for understandable reasons I hope) but was not aware this was possible, anybody have any input on it?

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot1993 View Post
    Did not think this was possible, have had two poolees drop out (for understandable reasons I hope) but was not aware this was possible, anybody have any input on it?
    Why is that odd, probably happens a lot.

You are not technically "in" and obligated until you hit the deck at a MCRD.

Even then quitters can still get out if they really want.

One of your rights while in the DEP is to be able to quit it for any reason. Exiting the DEP is actually a very common thing and happens often.

My niece did it (because her boyfriend and his family did not want her to leave). She had submitted a GT score waiver for the intell field (one point) and it came back approved. She was eventually discharged from the DEP. Now, she is a highschool grad without a job. But, her boyfriend is happy and I guess that's all that matters. If she shipped when she was supposed to, she would be out of intell school and in the fleet somewhere by now.

You can quit out of DEP for any reason. Recruiters will sometimes use scare tactics to keep people in but it's not true- that's why many people think you can't quit out of DEP. I'd rather have someone (who has no business joining) quit DEP or washout of boot camp than deal with their issues and having them screw other Marines over.

Thread Information