Crypto Linq Goodfellow Graduation
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member newskate9's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Crypto Linq Goodfellow Graduation

Good day, all,

When my son graduated DLI, we went there and it was a great day and very meaningful. He's at Goodfellow now in Crypto-Linquist. Can anyone tell me, is there a similar graduation for that school as well? I want to support my son anyway possible and would like to think about how to make the trip if one is coming.

Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You could always give them a call Stephen.
    Let us know what they say.

Base Operator: (325) 654-1110

newskate9, I'm actually currently here in TSOC at Goodfellow myself for about 12 more days. Your son, coming out of DLI, is actually taking two courses here. One is his "language block," where he is receiving further schooling involving his foreign language. The other is a course called TSOC. TSOC is only about six weeks, and the length of his language block depends on the specific language. With that said, both courses have graduations so he will in fact have two graduations while here. Whether or not they will be significant enough for him to want you to attend may be up to him, but I'm letting you know it would be nothing like that graduation at DLI.

I personally would not / do not wish for my family to come to the graduation here because it is a very small, quick ceremony and truly in my opinion isn't worth the trouble. Perhaps if the town had anything to do at all it might be a nice mini-vacation, but frankly San Angelo doesn't have much going for it. The traveling and money spent, again just my opinion, probably isn't worth it. But if you feel otherwise more power to you.

Best of luck to you and your son.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding response Cody !!!

It don't get better than that...

Thank you Brother .

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Marine Family Free Member newskate9's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow - a great response! So to report back, as suggested, and pointed out, there is a graduation! But as Cody said, not very large. And, I did visit San Angelo recently - you are correct - not a garden spot!

There's been some scheduling stuff going on with him too, so travel for the grad part probably not going to happen. We're typical parents - I want to be there everything, just to show support and we get to spend so little time together any more. You Marines are just too independent!

Thanks all,

Semper Fi,
    Stay Safe.

Thread Information