Marine Barracks D.C. Questions
Create Post

Marine Barracks D.C. Questions

Hello, Marines

I'm wondering how one might go about being stationed at "8th and l?" If I earn the title, one of my greatest aspirations would be, and always has been to be stationed at Marine Barracks D.C. Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Marines.

-Will

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Earn the title first.
    Your putting the cart before the horse.
    Where in CT are you?.

Litchfield County. The town I live in is so small pretty much only the immediate towns surrounding have ever heard of it. Thank you for responding.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Depends on what you want to do exactly...if you are talking about being a Silent Drill/Parade Marine you need to be a grunt/03xx and you need to fit the body size/image they want(6'-6'2 and weigh in at around 180-200lbs)And then from there it's pretty much luck of the draw if and when the recruiter comes to SOI/ITB to screen Marines to go. There is other opportunities to be stationed there but it is a select few MOS' that get the opportunity to do so based on the need for support that they need. Again though you get selected for it so you need to be a locked on, squared away, $hit hot Marine....and then still it is by luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Will,
    Stamford here...

Ok, thank you Corporal.

Oh, my father grew up in Stamford. He went to Stamford Catholic HS. Think the school is now called Trinity Catholic. Not positive.

8th & I is the oldest post in the Corps and also the smallest. The marching Marines there are all grunts and everyone else is support like mentioned above. At one time, the Marine Corps Institute (MCI) was located there but I believe it resides at Quantico now. Because of its size alone, only a very small number of Marines ever serve there. Since the criteria to be a in a marching company is so stringent, your chances of ever doing that is even smaller still. But, if you have what they're looking for, you can always try.

There are DVD's about the Silent Drill team and 8th & I at www.grunt.com. One of them covers the application and training process.

Thank you for the information sir. I would love to be in the Guard Company. However, I'm still trying to gain more information on that process.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Will,

We currently have 5 members that I know of that are either at 8th & I or were.

Keep checking your thread.

I will send them a PM with a link to this thread.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you sir, I really appreciate it.

Thread Information