DoD W-2 forms in?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

DoD W-2 forms in?

Our son and daughter went to boot together early last Fall; daughter got COG discharge Nov.30 due to injury and another medical issue. Son graduated Dec. 14 and is still at MCT. My daughter received her DoD W2, but son's has not come. Have your Marines received theirs? My son has other W2s from high school part-time jobs in 2012 here at home addy, so how does he get his W2 so I can complete his taxes?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    A few years separated----
    Now the active duty has an on line access to this.
    Send him to his admin with the same question

I just got my son's on Friday. We had to go online to mypay. Once we logged in we could click on his W2. He had to give us his logon name and password so we could print it out for the accountant.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good info Rob.
    Thank you my Friend.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks,Rob. Guess his taxes will be the last one done, then. He doesn't graduate from MCT until the 19th, and I don't know if he has even set up an account on mypay yet. But the next time he calls home without a 7 minute time limit, I'll ask him. Thanks again for the info.

Sarah

Phone calls? 99% of our communication with our son is by text message. They should have also mailed out paper W2's but who knows what address they would have used. My son graduated ITB on Jan 25. His W2 may have gotten mailed to Geiger but he never got them. He went to some admin building on Lejeune and got the user name and password for mypay account.

Credits
    Savings
    Removing all sugar coating.
    He is now an adult
    He should be handling this
    Not leaning on parental units.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Removing all sugar coating.
    He is now an adult
    He should be handling this
    Not leaning on parental units.
    Not true.
    The Op said her son is at MCT.
    He could use the help.
    The last thing anyone needs is a Tax problem. Parents or Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    Not true.
    The Op said her son is at MCT.
    He could use the help.
    The last thing anyone needs is a Tax problem. Parents or Son.
    I agree. The op's son, like mine was probably still their dependent for more than half of 2012 prior to leaving for boot camp. As such, the parent can still claim the Marine for one last time. In addition, the MCT, or in my case ITB makes it hard for the Marine to take care of outside affairs.

Credits
    Savings
    With all due respect, Apache, it's uninformed comments like yours that have made me really dislike posting to these parent sites. Thank you, RockyC and RobEngineer for your very correct assessment. The Marine Corps has not yet taught my 19 year old Marine how to complete the 1040E, and yes, he is still our dependent for 2012, because he didn't swear in until 10 Sept. RobEngineer, just like during boot, every MCT company/platoon is different. Once Hotel company picked up(finally)on 22 Jan, the trainees locked up their phones. Our son was been allowed a 7 minute phone call on SS Sunday, and another one last Sunday. Perhaps next Sunday. They will graduate on 19 Feb. Then he heads to Ft.Sill for phase one of his MOS school, I guess.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    With all due respect Sarah, I think the point Apache was making is if they don't learn to do it themselves, WHEN will they learn if their Mom's and Dad's keep stepping in to help?
    I went in the Corps at 17 1/2 years old, I had NO help from my parents and had to figure everything out on my own.
    Made some good choices and also made same bad ones.
    BUT I survived and it made me a better man.
    NOW being a parent of a 38 yo son and a 22 yo daughter, I do understand wanting to help.... but.......

Thread Information