Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well said Doc .

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

In other words "Once a Poser Marine, Always a Marine." Thats why I'm not in the League, 2 much pc bs.

We have a good group of Matines and Corpsman in our Detachment, and on the State Department level. If there is any indication that someone may be a poser in the existing membership who slipped in , we move immediately to ascertain the truth. I personally vett every prospective member applying for membership in our Detachment. We actively recruit members, and the first thing that must pass the smell test is the DD214, or a Certificate of Discharge. To that end, there have been instances of a fake or modified DD214. There are other avenues to ascertain the authenticity of whether a person was or wasn't a Marine, or if as one prospective member stated, he was a scout/sniper. We have contacts with most SOC groups, and this wasn't the case.

Out Detachment includes Four Iwo Vets; two Frozen Chosin Vets; numerous Viet Vets, along with other peace time Vets. We're not perfect, and not always PC, but we do what we believe will bring Honor to the Marine Corps.

Hammer, yours sounds like a good detachment. The reason the league has established standards in the first place is to prevent the situation I've described. Right now, some higher-ups are in a CYA mode in the hope that somehow the situation will go away without their having to do their duty to the league. They've tried the sacrificial goat ploy without success. There are some good Marines here who no longer attend meetings and hopefully, this cancer won't ultimately destroy the detachment.

MODD, MCL Life, VVA Life, VFW Life

Am I missing something ?

One day in the Corps would qualify ? I believe that one would have to have an honorable discharge or a medical discharge under honorable conditions ! I'm amazed that folks love to live a lie !

Good afternoon Marines, I just finally became a member of the Marine Corps League Det-204 in Wenonah, NJ. In order to join I had to produce my 214 which has been through the mill. It is close to 53 years old.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Bill

Sgt Jean Curtiss, MCL, Fred Cochran Detachment, No 151, Dept of Michigan. From 3rd Div, 9th Reg 1955-1961. Instructor/regimental radio net supervisor, Okinawa/ Japan. Company police Sgt, Demonstration troops, Quantico, Va.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtJeanS View Post
    Sgt Jean Curtiss, MCL, Fred Cochran Detachment, No 151, Dept of Michigan. From 3rd Div, 9th Reg 1955-1961. Instructor/regimental radio net supervisor, Okinawa/ Japan. Company police Sgt, Demonstration troops, Quantico, Va.

Unless this is a typo.....according to your profile, you entered the Marine Corps in 1965........and you were with 3rd Div, 9th Regt from 1955-1961.

Thread Information