PLC Contract to Reserves
Create Post

PLC Contract to Reserves

I'm Jasmine Norris, I'm currently a sophomore in college and have contracted to go to PLC this summer, sadly I had to have my appendix removed last week and because BUMED waivers take so long to get I can no longer go to PLC this summer so I've been guaranteed a spot at the 10 week OCS next summer.
    My question is, if I decided I wanted to go Reserves, how would I go about doing so? I know you can apply for that once you graduate college, but I'll have already been to OCS by the time I graduate so what do I do? Is it even possible to go Reserves?

Thank you!

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you want to go in the reserves as an officer or enlist in the reserves?...if you want to be in the reserves as an officer just tell your OSO that this is what you want. He should be able yo put you into a reserve slot. You'll commission after college, go to TBS, your MOS school, and then be assigned to a reserve unit.

If you are talking about enlisting, then upon graduating from college just decline your commission and enlist. You'll go to boot camp, MCT, MOS school and then check in with your unit you get contracted to.

My OSO said since I'm already going to OCS next summer, once I graduate OCS I'll have to apply for a waiver to switch my contract to a reserves contract since you normally apply for OCC-R after you graduate college and then go to OCS.

If anyone has anymore details or know anyone who's been in the same situation I'd love to talk to them.

Thread Information