MEPS for Females
Create Post

MEPS for Females

Hi! Since I'm considering enlisting to become a Marine once I get out of high school (which is in about two years), I've been doing a bit of research to figure out what enlisting entails. Right now I'm researching on what doing MEPS means, and I have a few questions. First questions would be whether or not staying in a hotel room is mandatory. I've watched a few videos on MEPS, and I've heard mixed responses on the fact. I live very close to Milwaukee Wisconsin, and I believe there's a MEPS station there, which means I wouldn't require a hotel room. My other questions is what do you exactly have to do when doing MEPS? I know that there's a medical exam, some paperwork and physical exercises, but other than that I'm somewhat in the dark. Any information, experiences or stories about MEPS would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you will still stay in the hotel

There's some paperwork, physical, a general test to see if you can move your joints etc in a way that it doesn't hurt... they did a pull up test at mine also. They ask a LOT of medical questions... if you've told your recruiter everything that has happened to you and he says it's good then it's good. Don't suddenly think it may be an issue when you show up to MEPS. I had to get a freakin' waiver for the headaches I used to get, which means I had to get medical records from my hospital to prove that it wasn't that serious.

Long story short: Don't freak out, MEPS is nothin. As for the hotel thing, it was mandatory for me, I'm not sure if that's a all-MEPS-wide thing or just the specific one I went to.

Last edited by Yonkers; 02-05-13 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Derrrrrr I forgot the actual question derrrrrrr

Thread Information