Are you older than dirt? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    So, the "Mare's Leg" was the sawed-off Winchester that Steve McQueen used in 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.
    Didn't notice it as a kid, but realized later, the Winchester was a .44-40, but McQueen had dummy .45-70 rounds in his ammo belt. Looked bad-azz.

redman1,
    So how old was your wife, when you married??

My dad taught me to drive a D-4 when I was about 11. I remember clearing some land for him, and got too close to the metal siding on one of his storage buildings, and ripped a panel off. I learned how to install metal siding the next day, and got real good with the blade, real soon.

S-

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Only a thought, Rocky, maybe this could go in Open Squad Bay, a lot more folks go there than here in the Slop Chute.
    I like it where it is Dave. Where Marines and Docs can think and share about " Back in the day " without everybody and his cousin chiming in but it's up to Tony. It's his thread.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Speaking of smoking grape vines. You have not lived until you take a straw and fill it with coffee then smoke it. Actually tastes like "C" Ration Camels, only the coffee was stronger due to not being decafinated.

I REMEMBERED 11 of those Items when I was growing up I am going to be 50 this year that isnt old is it?

Semper Fi My Brothers and sisters

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Speaking of smoking grape vines. You have not lived until you take a straw and fill it with coffee then smoke it. Actually tastes like "C" Ration Camels, only the coffee was stronger due to not being decaffeinated.
    NO WAY! Never heard of that. Doesn't sound too tasty.

Making trips as a kid from California to Oklahoma, I saw a lot of Route 66. Remember the old Burma Shave signs. 6 or 7 signs, quarter mile apart, with a message or poem. They aren't there any more. Now that I think about it, does Burma Shave still exist???
    In the early '50s, Lucky Strike cigarette packs had three brand new shiny pennies under the cellophane. You paid 18 cents, but had an instant 3 cent rebate.

Coasting down hills to see how far up the next one you could go without power.

Semper Fi
    Sempi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Remember these? Semper Fi Buddy003.jpg

Credits
    Savings
    Looks like a Chrysler, maybe a 52, they had the first hemi, I can't recall the year.

And Red, you sure ain't the lone ranger, I too dropped out in the 10th grade, 1965. I heard there was a war giong and I didn't want to miss out on all the fun.

Rocky, You can move it anywhere you want to, I'm like all the rest of you old farts, I like to remember the times that we all agree were the very best of life in the USA and we all lived them.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok Tony,

I am going to move it to " Open Squad Bay " where more can see and share.

Just keep on eye on it Brothers and Sisters
    in case someone tries to crap in it with some negative comments. If so, let me know and I will delete that post and a possible extraction from this forum for that member.

" Great Thread Brother "

Does anyone remember " Carrols Hamburgers " ?. They were big up here in the Northeast before McDonalds.

10 cent Hamburgers, 5 cents more if you wanted cheese on it.

Last edited by Rocky C; 02-07-13 at 08:42 AM.

Sewing seams down the front of your levies, just to look cool.
    Rolling you cigarettes up in your "T" shirt sleeve, just to look cool.
    Appropriating cadillac hub caps, just to be cool.

How about the green and gold stamps, Semper Fidelis.

How about slinkies never could get them to go down the stairs the right. Way

Lincoln logs

Thread Information