Are you older than dirt? - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    There are some great old movies on Turner Classic Movie right now. Some are black/white and some have been colored. Its great to watch some of these movies again. Much better than the crap they make these days.

My dad had one of the first tv's out. a 5" (with magnifier) muntz tv. GOD AM I OOOLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watch those movie channels, but do remember when on Friday and Saturday they had the late show and would show the horror movies? It was always hosted by some guy, sometimes a gal, who dressed up like Dracula? American Band Stand in B/W?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    Willie, they wouldn't even know how to make those old movies these days. Would feel obligated to add things...everything has to be explosions and swearing...then they would feel like they remade the old movie in the right way.
    Agreed. I also get real sick and tired of them having to jump into bed the first five minutes of the movie so they can try and hold your attention. Also tired of guys kissing guys and broads doing the same, just so the movie is P.C. Makes a straight person want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief23A View Post
    My dad had one of the first tv's out. a 5" (with magnifier) muntz tv. GOD AM I OOOLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I remember when TV first started all the picture tubes were made by RCA and it mattered not what brand TV you had, they all had picture tubes made by RCA.

Geez after readin this I am OLD! LOL

Marine Free Member McT ontheRock71's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    One Christmas in the early 50's, Mom and Pop bought us kids a Handy Andy tool box as a present. My guess is that Pop was tired of looking for his tools when he needed them. It had a miniature saw, hammer, chisel, level and a couple of other low tech tools. We used it for a few of our projects but when we needed to build on to our backyard forts or put our soap box car back on the street after an accident, Pop's tool chest always got raided. Great memories.

The old telephone booths, knocked my fist through one when I was home on leave boy did the glass fly, damn girlfriend,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Anybody remember ducktail haircuts pegged pants and turned up collars?

Yes, I had all three of them when I joined the Corps.

Our first TV had a 9 inch screen but the set must have been 3ft deep. Remember Frontier play house. The old westerns every night after Houty Duty

Remember the original Band Stand before Dick Clark and Jack Parr on the tonight shoe before Johnny Carson

Remember Steve Allen before Jack Parr?

Marine Free Member McT ontheRock71's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by William Raybold View Post
    Remember the original Band Stand before Dick Clark and Jack Parr on the tonight shoe before Johnny Carson
    Yep, I do!
    Bob Horne had Band Stand before Dick Clark was brought in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember getting a bur or flattop hair cut and had some pink hair stuff in a jar to make the front of the flattop stand up. How about the foil christmas tree with the four color revolving light, the Micky Mouse Club,Diana Shore and see the USA in your chevy, Sky King, Roy and Dale Evans,Bat Masterson,Ringo Starr,Have Gun Will Travel.And real cartoons, not the stuff on today. Semper Fi, Jim and Rose.

Thread Information