someone help me Please???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

someone help me Please???

I joined the USMC 22Sept1977...
    went to MCRDSD.
    my DI' s were. SDI Staff Sgt.Houston ....
    DI.Staff Sgt.Brice and DI.Sgt Sanchez ...
    I broke my back and neck and was Honorable Discharged on 09Nov1977
    I cannot remember my plt.number??
    I remember every other boot, my DI's.....and the crappy day I broke my back., neck etc. But for the life of me cannot remember my plt. #.I think it might be 2080..... but cant find any info to confirm ....
    I need to find my platoons red book so I can see pictures etc and how everyone else finished etc.... dam sure wish I could've gone on with my USMC career, I shot a 249. On qualify day....had a 250 the day before, will never forget the rewards from our DI's on that day!
    Please someone out there has to know what my brain has failed me with...... my Platoon number?????
    SEMPRE FI........
    matt h.

Credits
    Savings
    your profile could use enhancement Marine ------

Someone on this board may provide a cleaner answer ( disclaimer)

Get a copy of your 214 go to a recruiting command and start asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    your profile could use enhancement Marine ------

Someone on this board may provide a cleaner answer ( disclaimer)

Get a copy of your 214 go to a recruiting command and start asking questions.
    Got my dd214...... has everything except my plt#
    was hoping someone out of the thousands here might know or even was in same???
    Thank-you for your input Tho! I will do that if I cant find out thru here.....
    I will enhance profile soon! Sorry its so vague right now.....just learning everything on this site.....
    will get to it!
    Again, Thank-you for your suggestion........

Credits
    Savings
    If you had graduated with your plt.? that would put you at the first week in Dec.? and the site i use shows the plt series in the 1098 category ? OR ? if it was thirteen weeks in 77-78 it would have put you in Jan.78 ?

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    If you had graduated with your plt.? that would put you at the first week in Dec.? and the site i use shows the plt series in the 1098 category ? OR ? if it was thirteen weeks in 77-78 it would have put you in Jan.78 ?
    Yes...you are correct, we would have gone 13 weeks! I'm thinking now.....do you know that series?? 2040????????

Did you actually graduate from Recruit Training? If you did you should have gotten your cruise book from Recruit Training.

It was lost/ ruined in floods! My memory is as if boot were last month....faces name's etc......but I'm lost after so many years of my plt.number? Must be getting Alzheimer's .....hope not but just cant grasp it??

Try the West Coast Drill Instructor Association. One of your Drill Instructors may be on here.

Here's the link.
    http://www.westcoastdi.org/

Quote Originally Posted by choctawmatt View Post
    It was lost/ ruined in floods! My memory is as if boot were last month....faces name's etc......but I'm lost after so many years of my plt.number? Must be getting Alzheimer's .....hope not but just cant grasp it??
    Again I ask. Did you actually graduate from Recruit Training or did you break your back during Recruit Training?

No reply, well I'll be a monkeys uncle.

I am so sorry I didn't reply.....I meant too but got sidetracked!
    Yes....I broke my back in boot....had only two weeks left......was given the option of surgery, back then I'd been paralyzed for two yrs minimum, ( their words)...if I ever was able to walk again, or they'd give me an Honorable Discharge with all six yrs credited .of course at that point ....I took my H.D.
    Had 6 surgeries since and about to have another in March!
    Lost my book and need another, but I just cant find my plt.# :-(((

So if your back was broken two weeks before graduation, I am assuming that you never received your EGA and therefore did not get to become a Marine. So your profile is also incorrect.

Sorry you had your back broken with only two weeks of training left to graduation. Good luck to you.

Sounds like a medical discharge, I don't think you get an "Honorable" or that type unless you finish recruit training. I could be wrong, but if you didn't finish then, well you were almost a Marine.

I'm not sure I understand the "all six years credited thing" that sounds,,, odd.

Good luck.

You are correct, what's my profile say????
    guess I need to figure out how to change it if it says any different, I put my dates in correctly, I'll figure it out and correct any wrong issues!
    however so......always wished I didn't get hurt ...id still be there! My dd214 states I've completed six yrs of service, all a rouge ...really ****ed off at the corpsman that wrote my papers,

Part of my seperation agreement,
    Honorable Discharge due to medical reasons,
    full VA benefits...awarded fullterm of service!
    BS to me...would much rather been able to walk!
    guess I'm an honorary Marine because of my permanent injury?? Wtf

Thread Information