Marine Recon training, Force Recon and MARSOC
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Recon training, Force Recon and MARSOC

the battle of Marjah seemed to be pretty intense and i was wondering which kind of Marines were the ones deployed out for that battle. i know it was split up into bravo and charlie divisions. but i heard that it was the MARSOC's that were sent out for that battle is it true? was it marsoc, force recon, or just grunts

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-15-13 at 06:45 PM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Regular grunts/infantrymen. 1st Battalion 6th Marine Regiment...which is comprised of Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie Companies. The documentary is on Bravo Co's initial push in.

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name........site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Profile complete....thread re-opened.

MARSOC Marines are not trained/equipped for that type of mission so would not be deployed.

Force Recon and MARSOC

alright I've heard that ever since MARSOC was created not that long ago somewhere in early 2000 they said since then, Force Recon was never the same again. Can someone care to explain why this is?
    I heard that a lot of people in Force Recon transitioned on into MARSOC, why did they do this? what is the difference between MARSOC and Force Recon, are more people joining MARSOC now?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by stevieslaughter View Post
    alright I've heard that ever since MARSOC was created not that long ago somewhere in early 2000 they said since then, Force Recon was never the same again. Can someone care to explain why this is?
    I heard that a lot of people in Force Recon transitioned on into MARSOC, why did they do this? what is the difference between MARSOC and Force Recon, are more people joining MARSOC now?
    Heard from who?

And your source said, recon hasn't been the same in the last twelve years,, interesting.

Heard from who, the same "person" as before?

Did you ask your source these questions?

Force Recon and MARSOC

What is the difference between Force Recon and MARSOC? what kind of stuff do they do?
    Aren't the MARSOC a more elite group than the Force Recon?

Read all of the similar threads under your post. I think your questions will be answered there. Just click on them individually. Add a GOOGLE or Wickapedia search if needed for more info. We like to see wannabes show some initiative.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post

Read all of the similar threads under your post. ,
    I think your questions will be answered there. ,
    Just click on them individually. ,
    Add a GOOGLE or Wickapedia search if needed for more info.

We like to see wannabes show some initiative.
    Agreed....Those questions have been asked dozens of times,
    and most of us are tired answering them.

stevie laughter. nice nick

Marine recon training

I was watching survivng the cut: Marine Recon edition. I'm pretty sure many of you Marines watched this before. The thing I'm wondering is what kind of Recon training is it for? I know that there are 2 types of recon: battalion and force. Do both of them go through that same training?
    do you have to go through that same recon training and after you finish, do they give you the option to be force/battalion or something?
    basically, how are the paths to being force recon, battalion recon different

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-22-13 at 08:36 AM. Reason: The Marines here have EARNED the title....how about Marines, not you guys.

All of your threads have been merged together.
    DO NOT start new threads asking the same questions on Recon training, Force Recon and MARSOC or they will be deleted and you will be on a short vacation away from Leatherneck for a time to be determined.

Brc is for both. When you go to a unit they will decide battalion or force but most go to the battalion because force is usually a place for recon guys with more experience and capabilities

Enjoy your vacation.

@finharder. Awesome name bro what BRC or ARS class were you in?

Thread Information