What are worst war movies you ever watched?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are worst war movies you ever watched?

Pearl Harbor: Titanic meets Michael Bay, enough said.

Tears of the Sun: Forgettable plot and a waste of time and a good $10.

Windtalkers: You make a film about the Navajo codetalkers and shove the Navajo characters to the background? Combine that with bad effects, bad lines, and cliches like the racist redneck character.

The Last Samurai: Not really a bad movie but there's nothing original about it. It's a white guy becoming part of the indigenous population and helps fight off the invaders. Not to mention a waste of Ken Watanabe.

Enemy at the Gates: I used to like this movie but watching it again, I just find it dumb. The whole concept of the fate of Stalingrad depending on this three day sniper duel was just ridiculous. Not even the talents of Jude Law, Bob Hoskins, and Rachel Weisz could make it any better.

Inglorious Basterds: I don't know what the hell Tarantino was on when he came up with this movie but it feels like I'm watching a cartoon short from the 40's.

U571: The less that's said about this, the better.

Casualties of War: A whole squad of soldiers randomly kidnapping a young girl, raping, torturing, and murdering her (with the only good soldier being Michael J. Fox) was just ridiculous.

Jarhead: This movie portrayed Marines like idiots with no direction and had a poorly executed plot and a whiny protagonist whose face I wanted to smash in. The only salvageable parts of the movie were the boot camp scenes and Jamie Foxx as the Staff Sergeant.

Black Hawk Down: This movie just seemed to glorify the violence. I honestly can't remember a single character's name or what their personalities were like. And it went to that 1960's idea of showing the enemy as cartoony, brutal savages.

Behind Enemy Lines: What the heck were we supposed to be watching here?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-13-13 at 05:32 PM.

The Patriot was pretty bad too. I hate Mel Gibson, I'll go on the record of saying that, but that's not why I hate the movie. I hate it because of the historical inaccuracies. The Brits never rounded up civilians, locked them in churches, and set them ablaze. This was something the Nazis did centuries later. They just needed a villain to Mel Gibson's hero.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-13-13 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Enough of the foul language.

To me, the worst of all time was PORK CHOP HILL, starring Clint Eastwood. It made Force Recon look like a bunch of idiots. To begin with, Pork Chop Hill was an Army action during the Korean war and it was the 22nd MEU that captured Grenada. I would rather have seen Rosie O'Donnel play Gunny Carter with Richard Simmons as Gomer Pyle in a remake of that series.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Clint Eastwood wasn't in Pork Chop Hill, Gregory Peck was.
    I think you are referring to Heartbreak Ridge.

You are correct! Heartbreak Ridge was also an Army operation and thanks for the correction!

and the Army did not like the language of Heartbreak Ridge and so they change it from Army to ex-Army now in Marines, the Marine Corps said ok to it all

My worst two are Boys in Compan"C" and Santa Fe Trail

After previewing Heartbreak Ridge, I read that the Marine Corps withdrew its technical assistance from the credits. Force Recon was our best outfit but you'd never know it from that movie.

Jarhead.

Heartbreak Ridge.

You are correct about the Marine Corps withdrawing support for Heartbreak. Trivial #45: do you know Marine Corps Hymn can't even be used w/o approval from HQ. If you see Heartbreak again, nada Marine Corps Hymn.

Pearl Harbor and Windtalkers

(Windtalkers had Nicolas Cage as the main actor, this almost always means the movie will suck.)

Heart Break Ridge,I hate the mo vie for a personal reasonthey took our helocopters in which my company was suppose to fly but instead the used it for the movies. We were doing an exercise in P.R. at the time of the taping

Semper Fi

StephenDoc Hansen HM3 FMF

Not a war movie but it involves the military: The Last Castle. Not to mention Robert Redford can go die in a fire.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Battleship the newest one. Enough said. It is a good pop corn flick.However, not really good on the story line.

Although I supported the war from start to finish, "The Green Berets" was a turkey that probably did more harm than good to the war effort.

Thread Information