Relationship Question
Closed Thread

Question Relationship Question

Whenever I get stationed, after bootcamp and all the training that follows, I was wondering what the regulations would be on having my girlfriend stay with me. Would I have to get an off base apartment at my own expense or could she stay with me on base? Just wanted to know the gist.

Thank you whomever considers or answers my question.

Poolee Jackson

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    hahahaha...

These girls are called barracks rats, she will be sleeping with every other Marine you know

But seriously, no wives/gf's/significant others/etc are not allowed to stay in the barracks. Can they come over and can you get away with them staying over on a Fri. or Sat. night?....of course but you can't have her there every night. You wouldn't want that anyway. Depending on the unit and what not you will be sharing a room with 1-3 other Marines and you'll have a single mattress. Are you really gonna want to have your GF over when you sleep with multiple other dudes?

I don't see any reason why you couldn't get an apartment out in town but the Corps won't be paying for it. You really want to spend your hard earned measly E-2/E-3 paycheck on an apartment just so you can have a place to take your GF??

I don't want to sound like a jerk or negative but.....forget about your GF. Your first 2 years in the Corps will probably ruin the relationship anyway. You need to focus on being a Marine, learning/training your MOS, and picking up rank.

Thread closed until you have a complete profile.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Thread Information