Can I bring my son's jeep to him after ITB graduation?
Create Post

Can I bring my son's jeep to him after ITB graduation?

My son will be graduating from ITB east on Jan 25th. If he gets stationed at Camp Lejeune, I thought it would be a good idea to bring his Jeep down there. After he graduates and gets settled into Camp Lejeune I could give him his Jeep. Is that possible, or is there something I am overlooking? His MOS is 0341. We live 550 miles from Jacksonville, so its not an easy trek to make. It would be great if he had is own transportation down there.

Similar Threads:

Yes. Once the Marine is in the fleet, which for infantry is right after ITB, you can bring him his POV. But I would wait at least a week or two after he is "settled down" to bring it.

Credits
    Savings
    Correct me if I'm outdated ------
    Do all vehicles still need to be registered with the Provost Marshall ?
    Maybe a couple weeks lead time before you deliver so he can have that all set up
    before arrival ?
    Again, if I recall accurately
    Year make model. Plate number proof of insurance

SSgt,

Yes all vehicles still need to be registered at Pass and ID. Other branches i believe have been phasing this out but we still have it. You need registration, insurance, and proof of completion of the Drivers Improvement Course if under 26. And ofcourse drivers license and military ID. Side note about the insurance: make sure the insurance if for the state of North Carolina or at least the address on the insurance card has a NC address on it or else they won't accept it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Side note---not to redirect the thread----
    Talking about registering a vehicle on post.

Last week I loaned my car to my Son (securities field) while his was
    "taking a break"
    He parked and proceeded to his office
    Before he sat there were two gorillas with badges asking about the unregistered
    Vehicle .
    Had to laugh -- must have been a slow day for them

Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    SSgt,

Yes all vehicles still need to be registered at Pass and ID. Other branches i believe have been phasing this out but we still have it. You need registration, insurance, and proof of completion of the Drivers Improvement Course if under 26. And ofcourse drivers license and military ID. Side note about the insurance: make sure the insurance if for the state of North Carolina or at least the address on the insurance card has a NC address on it or else they won't accept it.

OK, thanks for the information. At what point would he be able to complete the Drivers Improvement Course? I'll have to ask about the insurance. My plan is New Jersey Manufacturer's insurance company and I assume they only insure vehicles registered in NJ. All the more reason for my 20yr old Marine to jump off my plan and get his own insurance policy.

Credits
    Savings
    Procedure used to be----
    Without all the proper "hoops" jumped your auto was not aLlowed on base.
    Therefore you're paying for an unsecured parking spot off base and hoping
    Your ride remains in one piece.

At one point I was paying a used car lot just to park with a written "no liability"
    Clause.

They offer the Driver Improvement course once every month. Until he takes that course, he will be given a temporary paper pass good for up to 90 days. When he shows proof of completion of that course along with the other items I told you, he will get his actual decal that sticks above the VIN number on the windshield.

Thread Information