Gaining weight problem
Create Post

Gaining weight problem

My recruiter recently sat down to talk to me about how me being underweight is an issue. After I enlisted, he said that it wasn't going to be a big issue. I'd just be put on double rats. I'm 5'11'', and 130~ lbs. I leave in July. My family's not the richest family in the world. We're on food stamps, and we're barely making it by. How am I supposed to gain weight if there's barely any food and I don't have any money for protein shakes or anything like that? I'm scared that I'll end up getting discharged or I'll end up having my ship date extended?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I know you said money is an issue but if you can hit the $1 menu at McDonalds once a day it would help. Try to eat as much carbs as you can and drink a lot of water. I assume you metabolism is fast enough that neither of these suggestions should really hurt you in anyway. And as long as you are staying active and in shape.

Can you get a job in a food joint? Maybe in a pizza shop or washing dishes at a restaurant. I worked in a pizza shop after school when I was younger and we got free food or what ever was left over at the end of the night. This would help feed you and even put a little money in your pocket to help out with your families financial issues.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I entered Parris Island at 130 lbs and left it 150 lbs.

Thread Information