MOS out of Boot Camp-Basci Infantryman?
Create Post

MOS out of Boot Camp-Basci Infantryman?

Hi All,
    I just got my DD-214 and some other papers. It may be from my old SRB. On one of them it lists my MOS. When I got graduated from Boot Camp, my MOS was "0300 Basic Infantry man". My question is, are all Marines Basic Infantry man out of Boot? I was a grunt, so were all grunts 0300 out of Boot Camp? Or is this because every Marine is a rifleman?
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Straight out of boot you would be an 0300
    Then you went AIT
    Then you went to a specialized school and picked up that MOS

What was your final MOS ?
    What does your 214 say ?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I thought all Marines were 8000/General Service Marine right out of boot camp, then it gets changed upon graduating from ITB/SOI or your MOS school

Credits
    Savings
    Eric...

Did you ever use any of those smart pills .
    that Marine with the rabbits was selling ????

Thanks, Apache. My final MOS was 0341 and 5711.

When you are in boot camp and when you graduate boot camp you are a 8000 (general service marine) if you joined without a job contract signed if you joined with a guranteed job you are a 8011 (marine with enlistment guarantee) when you reach itb if your infantry is when you become a 0300 (basic infantrman) after you graduate ITB you become whatever grunt you trained to become 0311,0331,0341,0351 if you went to MCt i assume your mos stays 8000 or 8011 because mct is not your mos school so when you get to your mos school your mos would change to whatever the first 2 numbers of the mos followed by hundred such as 1300 1800 until you complete trainh then you get the official mos number. Hope this helps

Credits
    Savings
    Combat Devil Dog
    Thanks for the clarification

Not as I thought --- but your detail makes sense.

First thought every Marine is a rifleman (0300)
    If that's true, then MOSs would all start with 0300 and add speciality

I know this because im a 0311 and a combat enigineer 1371 and i went on my MOL and looked at my srb and saw my status from boot to ITB and then to my unit to my next mos school ect to verify it shows up in boot as 8011 then i know in ITB they always teased us about not being real grunts yet we were 0300's then when i checked in to the unit it was 0311 ect.I did the research for you and remember hearing 8011 and seeing it on my boot contract ect

Thanks, CombatDevildog! You cleared this up for me. I requested and received my DD-214 and SRB. It has the 0300 Basic Infantry Man MOS and it's crossed out when I got to ITS. We called it ITS then.
    Another question about MOS. If you were in comm, did you get a 25000 general mos and then a speciality mos?
    Eric

Im not sure because our comm guys are 06's in my unit i looked up the 2500's and it pulled up comm for vietnam so im not to sure on this one maybe it has changed

Thanks. I don't consider myself "Old Corps". I was in 1978-1981. Our comm guys were, as I recall 2512-wireman and field radio operator. Don't remember the exact MOS. But, in the Corps you are assigned a field and then get the MOS in the school, right?
    Eric

Fact or fiction?

We must have all heard this one; If you failed out of your MOS school, you would be sent to the Grunts. I was wondering, if it's true. Would a Marine who failed an airwing course really be sent to a Grunt unit?
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Field raido operaters now and the ones in our unit are 0621's and yes you would be a 0600 till you went to school then you would get the official mos if you had a contract you would be whatever it says such as 0621 ect but first a 0600 because thats student status if you had no specific contract the marine corps would put you wherever they needed you or felt you would do best and to ERIC no you dont automatically go to grunts if you fail out of a school the corps will put you where you are needed according to your asvab scores ect and where the number of bodies are needed such as cook

Also field wiremen are 0612's. P.s. im always happy to help my devildog brothers out

Thanks.
    Eric

Thread Information