official as of this morning
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josephd
    Guest Free Member

official as of this morning

Being meritoriously promoted to Cpl. as of Jan. 2nd. My MOL was updated this morning to show my Select Grade of E-4.

Very stoked and proud to be a a part of the blood stripe brotherhood.

I would have picked up on my composite score anyway but being meritorious feels great and looks good being in my SRB.

And I hope ya'll don't mind, I changed my profile and avatar already.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Way to go Marine...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Changing your chevrons early reminds me of a big no-no that some folks did without thinking about it----they WORE THEIR NEW chevrons TO the promotion ceremony....
    hahaha....I would never wear them. Although I am about to bring my uniforms in today to get everything new sewn on.

I will change my profile and avatar back

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    rgr

hahaha....I know how some of you old salts get about that kind of stuff so I took it down. I'll put it back up though.

Since coming home from deployment I've been filling a Sgt/E-5 billet anyway so wearing the chevrons and all that is just icing on the cake. And the reason I got meritorious.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    No one here would think anything of it at all----and just by the way, good job trying to answer questions in Ask A Marine quite often----a lot of trolls there lately, but quite a few are legit. But you always try to help them out, and that's good. A lot of folks can't be bothered sharing the knowledge they have.
    I am just a nasty POG reservist....so I have quite a bit of time on my hands to come here and help out where I can.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Is there a ceremony or formation for a promotion like this?

When I made PFC, and L/Cpl there were big formations as a lot of us were making it, but when I made Cpl it was just me, so it was just in the Captain's office, then same thing for Sgt, three of us made it so we just had a brief presentation in the same Captain's office, photos were taken etc that is about it.

Is it the same nowadays, if a few are getting promoted, they do it at a unit formation, and if one or two people getting promoted, just a small office presentation?

I'd like to see what a promotion warrant looks like nowadays, too. I still have all of mine, and they are probably not much different now, but they might be.
    Yeah I have drill weekend coming up on Jan 11th-13th, there will be a company formation on Friday the 11th when I will get pinned. I really don't want anything that big but being that it's meritorious they want it done in front of everyone. My Co. Gunz deployed with me and has been a big part of my career so he will be pinning me.

Promotion warrants still look the same, I have seen the old ones.

Congratulations on your meritorious promotion! They do feel good when they occur. Just considered yourself frocked here on leatherneck. (Ya get the title w/o the pay!)

I'd pin on that stripe and blood stripe for you Marine Corps style but then my screen would be cracked, so have to just leave it at that.

And don't make apologies for being a POG. Takes all spokes in the wheel to make the green machine operate!

Nice avatar there, USMC1963!

Proud of you! You're a huge asset here on this forum as I'm sure with your reserve unit. Your future is bright and I look forward to following it here.

I was a pogue myself but a damned good one. Made meritorious LCpl on my way to Marine Security Guard School (first time; went back years later as a SNCO where I was honor grad).

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Proud of you! You're a huge asset here on this forum as I'm sure with your reserve unit. Your future is bright and I look forward to following it here.

I was a pogue myself but a damned good one. Made meritorious LCpl on my way to Marine Security Guard School (first time; went back years later as a SNCO where I was honor grad).
    Thanks Top!

Already have my eye on meritorious Sgt. We have a lot of our current Sgt's and other NCO's getting out so I am looking forward to stepping up and filling the void.

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats on the promotion josephd

We're glad younger Marines are helping on "Ask a Marine" ,
    Your advise is more current than some of us... ,
    We don't even mind the fact that you're younger than us.

Somebody's gotta "Carry On"......

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats Corporal !! watch out for those "blood stripes" Though ! S/F Moz

Congratulations on your promotion to Cpl.

Man I remember get Cpl. we called it the blood strip for a different reason cause the way they pinned it on you..
    Cpl's and above could pin them on you and you had the gauntlet to walk while they one on each side would hit your upper arms and then knee your thigh. Hopefully you didn't have very many NCO's

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post
    Man I remember get Cpl. we called it the blood strip for a different reason cause the way they pinned it on you..
    Cpl's and above could pin them on you and you had the gauntlet to walk while they one on each side would hit your upper arms and then knee your thigh. Hopefully you didn't have very many NCO's
    Same thing happens still...just happens behind closed doors when no one's looking. I have a lot of NCO's and SNCO's that I have been around and deployed with over the last 4 years. I am sure my blood stripes will be more than real.

Just wanted to say whats up to all my marine brothers out there i just joined the site. I also have been selected for corporal for january 1st not meritorious but i did work hard to meet the cutting score. I am a 0311 and a 1371 just lat moved recently due to the needs of the corps.

Thread Information