Proud dad of a new Marine - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amen Quincy. I never get tired of hearing stories from graduation day. I know for me it was a cocktail of emotions that I had never experienced before. Pride, excitement, and above all admiration for my son and all others graduating with him. It's hard to imagine an 18 year old accomplishing so much in as little as 13 weeks. Hell most 18 year old "kids" today can barely get off the couch. Few parents get to experience the honor of being a Marine family and to our sons and daughters we say thank you.

Congratulations to you and your son, Mlrtime!!! It was a great read, and not too lengthy at all. My son's "ship date" to San Diego is January 7th, and I"m excited to follow his progress. I was in the Army back in the 70's. I encouraged my son to join the military, but honestly, I was a little shocked when he became interested in the USMC. However, the more I learn about the Marine Corps, the more I am glad he chose it. Good luck to you and your Son Mlrtime...

Congratulations!!! It sounds like he is a pretty remarkable young man / Marine!

Congrats!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you to all of you! Have not been here in a few days. When I have not been working I've been with my son. He got to go fishing with one of our good friends on Wednesday. They got rained on from the get go but still caught fish (striped bass) and his first was the biggest at about seven pounds. I had to drive my school bus route but now we are out for Christmas holidays so we have two weeks. Hopefully we will get to the deer woods a couple days and get some venison for sausage.

Thread Information