Chances of becoming a Marine (prior service army)
Create Post

Chances of becoming a Marine (prior service army)

Good evening Marines,I understand that with the drawdown it is become more difficult to find a slot in the corps especially as prior service. I am currently enlisted in the army with 1 year and 4 months left on my ets. My mos in the army is 68w medic, I have had one tour in Afghanistan, my pt score is above the maximum for the army of test, and I have 28 hours of college courses completed at this time. I was wondering how good of a chance I stand in trying to find a recruiter who will find me a slot to either transfer to the active Marine Corps now while I'm still in service or to re enlist with the Corps after my ets with the army is complete. I greatly appreciate all help in advance, thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 12-06-12 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Site rules...Marine Corps is always capitalized on this site.

Credits
    Savings
    My .02 cents, with your MOS in the Army I would think you stand one heck of a chance to join the Navy as a corpsman ??
    And would more then likely be assigned a USMC Co. or at least a Base Hospital ?
    Perhaps one of our Corpsman can fill you in better ?

What of I just wanted to go straight into infantry?

If you're really in Akron why don't you just give the local USMC recruiting office a call and get the answer directly from them?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    U.S. Marine Corps Recruiting Center. 46 S Summit St, Akron, Ohio, 44308 Telephone: 330-253-8233

Thread Information