I've taken the ASVAB two times already and failed
Create Post

Unhappy I've taken the ASVAB two times already and failed

I'm a senior in high school and I've wanted to become a Marine for years now. Its always been a dream of mine, I am currently having a hard time passing the ASVAB. I got a AFQT of 23 and than and unverified score of 24 when I took it on paper. My questions is, since I seem to dumb for the military afterall should I just give it all up?

Similar Threads:

Since you're a senior in high school, there is a curfew for those who are still in high school about being on Leatherneck during school hours.....NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Curfew during school nights.......and during school hours
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ol-hours/page2

Before you take the ASVAB again, you should take some practice ASVAB tests to help improve your test scores. Just google practive ASVAB tests for Marines.

If you give up you are definitely not Marine material. If you want anything in life, you have to be willing to go after it. Take the practice test and determine what areas you are weak in and then correct the problem. That will mean you will need to put in extra study time during the next few months. Go to the nearest book store or ask a teacher and get a GED workbook. Practice before you do anything else. I know how it is during your senior year, but if you man-up and put in an effort, the GED book can easily double your score. If you quit trying, not only will you not be in the Marines or the military, you will never get ahead in civilian life. Do yourself a favor and study the GED material and get caught up. I use to teach GED and my students who put in the effort found they were caught up in 6 to 8 weeks. You can do the same. Good Luck!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelcowgirl View Post
    My questions is, since I seem to dumb for the military afterall should I just give it all up?
    Never give up.

You didn't get to be a Senior in High School just by pure luck alone.
    You have the Brains, now use them and take the suggestions that were given to you.

Study, study, study, if you really want to be a " Marine "

Best of luck to you. You can do it !!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by William Hardy View Post

If you give up you are definitely not Marine material.

If you want anything in life, you have to be willing to go after it.

(((Take the practice test and determine what areas you are weak ,
    then correct the problem. ))) Believe it or not Rippley...IF you practice taking tests,,,,you 'll get better Taking tests ......you could try your highschool libraian for assistance too...There's probibly a dozen books in the library that have study exams and tests in them,,,, IT doesn't have to be just Military exams either....any kind of test taking is a benifit to you to help you improve***

That will mean you will need to put in extra study time during the next few months.

Go to the nearest book store - ,
    or ask a teacher and get a GED workbook.

Practice before you do anything else.

I know how it is during your senior year,
    but if you man-up and put in an effort,
    the GED book can easily double your score.

If you quit trying, not only will you not be in the Marines or the military,
    you will never get ahead in civilian life. ,
    Do yourself a favor and study the GED material ,
    get caught up.

I use to teach GED and - my students who put in the effort,
    found they were caught up in 6 to 8 weeks.

You can do the same.

Good Luck!

There's a saying out there........
    "Wishing WON"T DO IT...

Working will."

Credits
    Savings
    Never quit !
    A lot of my successes were due to persistence .

Thanks everyone for the replies very much obliged, I ain't goin to give up! I've hired an ASVAB tutor. And I'm sorry about breakin the rules it won't happen again.

Thread Information