Can someone give me some advice on my decision? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Marines I'm here for an update, I'm shipping to Parris Island in less than 2 weeks 20130211 I've been running, I'm in great shape, I'm learning the Ranks, General Order etc. Everything is OK. My only concern is the fact that I've never bothered learning how to swim. I'm a fast learner, but my biggest fear now is getting dropped once I'm in P.I. I tried finding place to take lessons but it's a bit too late for that because the little time I have left is for PT and learning the knowledge. Any advice, anyone went to bootcamp without knowing how to swim and ended up learning? Anything would be helpful. Thank You Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCLIFE View Post
    Hey Marines I'm here for an update, I'm shipping to Parris Island in less than 2 weeks 20130211 I've been running, I'm in great shape, I'm learning the Ranks, General Order etc. Everything is OK. My only concern is the fact that I've never bothered learning how to swim. I'm a fast learner, but my biggest fear now is getting dropped once I'm in P.I. I tried finding place to take lessons but it's a bit too late for that because the little time I have left is for PT and learning the knowledge. Any advice, anyone went to bootcamp without knowing how to swim and ended up learning? Anything would be helpful. Thank You Marines.
    That was the situation for me I didnt know how to swim and hate the water to this DAY I still hate the water. I learned but barely passed swim qual 3 (at that time) its different what you have to pass in bootcamp now but dont worry youll pass it may take some time but its not a big deal they will keep working with you to get you to pass at least basic swim qual.

Thank you sir, I really appreciate it!

I want to give my last update before I leave. Tomorrow I will be going to the MEPS station to get checked and Monday I'll be shipping out to Parris Island. My MOS changed at the last minute because of the back up shipping. Now it'll be Supply Administration and Operation. I'll be 3rd Battalion. Last but not least I want to thank all the Marines who took time to answer m questions. Thank You

Thanks for everything my fellow brothers, I am now part of the greatest fighting force in the world, SEMPER FI!

Thanks for everything my fellow brothers, I am now part of the greatest fighting force in the world, SEMPER FI!
    When did you graduate boot camp?
    And if you want your status changed to Marine, PM Rocky C so he can change your status for you.

Congrats! Your on boot leave now?

S/F,
    CEYA!

Credits
    Savings

Thanks for everything my fellow brothers,
    I am now part of

the greatest fighting force in the world,
    SEMPER FI!
    "Square away your profile"...

and Congratulations,,,,,,,,,,
    that didn't hurt ,,, DID it ?

Last edited by Lisa 23; 05-13-13 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    "Square away your profile"...

and Congratulations,,,,,,,,,,
    that didn't hurt ,,, DID it ?

He can't "square away" his profile until his status is changed to Marine. He has to PM Rocky C so he can change his status for him.

Thread Information