Its been a while
Create Post

Its been a while

Hi marines
    So I volunteered for a toys for tots drive and they asked me to wear my dress blues if I can still fit into them, which I do. Its been 10 years, but they look the same as they did when I last worn them. SO my questions are, which actually dress blues am I allowed to wear as a civilian? I have it set up with ribbons and medals right now. Since I have left the marine corps in 2003, I am sure I rate updated awards which I been struggling to find out exactly which those are. I am sure I rate GWOT because of my time spent overseas post 911. I am unsure about others however, I invaded Iraq in 2003 etc so I am unsure if I qualify for OEF/OIF (are they the same or not?)
    Heh, sorry I am asking some pretty boot questions, but uniforms weren't really something we did a lot of as infantry personnel, and its been 10 years now since I have even looked at my uniforms. Any help would be great, I currently wear sea service with 3 stars, national defense and good conduct. Thanks fellas

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you should rate to wear all the "blues" uniforms, you would wear bravos to a t4t event. ribbons and shooting badges.

as for ribbons...you will rate the national defense ribbon, GWOT service ribbon, and then being that you went to Iraq in 03 you can either wear the GWOT expeditionary ribbon, or Iraq campaign. This will depend on how may tours you did and what you want to wear. You would have to look up the MARADMIN for it but I can almost guarantee you rate to wear a PUC, NUC, and/or a NMUC also.

and whatever personal award you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    you should rate to wear all the "blues" uniforms, you would wear bravos to a t4t event. ribbons and shooting badges.

as for ribbons...you will rate the national defense ribbon, GWOT service ribbon, and then being that you went to Iraq in 03 you can either wear the GWOT expeditionary ribbon, or Iraq campaign. This will depend on how may tours you did and what you want to wear. You would have to look up the MARADMIN for it but I can almost guarantee you rate to wear a PUC, NUC, and/or a NMUC also.

and whatever personal award you may have.
    Thanks a lot for the help! Gonna have to hunt down my rifle and pistol expert badges heh, ill have to drive down to the navy base a couple hours away and buy this stuff. Ill try and borrow a kid on RA to get me aboard the base and PX privledges.

Thread Information