Marines Only Section
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Marines Only Section

I know this is a private website so I'm just throwing this out as a friendly Marine to Marine suggestion. The Marines only section is hyped as a place where we can talk Marine. I've been in a few barracks, squadbays and holes with other Marines and found one common thread; Marines tradationally give each other a lot of sh*t. The vast mariority of it isn't meant to hurt anyones feelings nor is it taken that way but when we start getting on each others azz here, we get warned. I'm not talking about anything racial of sexist, just the usual, hey stupid kind of things we say among friends everyday.

Why don't you let us do what we did back then, what a lot of us still do when we get together with guys we served with. It's not hurting anyone and the rest of the site, younger people and family members can't get into it. The heart of any site is participation. I look through the last 100 or so threads and I see the same 10 or 15 people do all the posting. Each thread gets 15 or 20 replies and then its history. A couple of weeks ago I posted one to generate a dialog with those who backed the loser in this last election and its had 198 posts and still going. These guys enjoy giving it to us as much as we do returing it and when its all over we're still Marines. Sure it will bring in some sh*t disturbers,but this is the internet, if you don't like something you can scroll past it or hit delete.

Like I said, its just a suggestion but give it some thought or possibly open up the war room to more threads and see how that works, first.

Have a great day,

Tony Simpson

Similar Threads:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Internet, Tony. I agree with your opinion, i.e., Marines say and do the damndest to each other when face to fact. Unfortunately unless you have an Internet cam, I can't catch your voice or face inflections -- including giving me the middle finger with a smile. Hence when somebody reads, "Go f**k off," the reader is personally offended. Plus, a writer has to write a 400 word diatribe to get his point across in what a middle finger would usually suffice. And WHAT ABOUT WRITING IN CAPS?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    As my brother Tony has stated, busting balls is an old Marine tradition. At least when we Nam vets served. We had a lot of different emotions colliding with each other. Believe it or not, it was a way to relax some what. We weren't thin skinned, nor was there anyone to go crying to. We played the way we lived. And in the long run......there are no closer brothers, than Nam Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Two Marines are outside of a bar fighting, they're kicking, screaming, biting they take a break and go inside for a drink, when they walk into that bar, they're brothers and anyone who f*cks with one of them f*cks with both of them....thats what made us Marines

Too many people get butthurt on this site when Marines dont share the same opinions on certain issues.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Too many people get butthurt on this site when Marines dont share the same opinions on certain issues.
    That's when you use your freedom we all fought for......find another thread that caters to your taste.

I guess some posters can't handle it. Never bothered me. These days if you can't express your opinion in a PC way, everyone jumps on you. They can't take a joke. Remember the fights between the services, Marines vs Marines until Navy appears. Then Mar vs Navy until Army shows up. Goes like this until Air Force appears and the other three branches stuff the wing wipers in the Dempsy Dumpsters. Oh well, those were the old days and near beers in the slop chute.

Semper fi, Bros

I Betcha, all of us on here , at one time or another, have had our a$$ lit up over some silly little issue or another..

Most of us don't hold a grudge from a fellow Marines different opinion for very long.

I think it has something to do with them useing ChewingGum from under the desk.......
    Too hard for them to chew and think at the same time......

There've been some good Marines thru this site.
    Been some thin skinned ones,
    been lotsa "Ribbon Chasers",
    "Bull$hit Artists",
    "BrigRats",
    "Brig Chasers",
    "Yardbirds",
    "$hitbirds",
    and more than a dozen MessCooks who had served many a fine meal.

Some of the IRONY I find on here,,, Of the 20 memebers you note as full time replyers to forums and threads,,, OVER half that number is/are moderators/squadleaders....

More BOUNCERS working PER MEMBER .....
    sorta like holding the beerbash in the POLICE DEPARTMENTS PARKING LOT...
    Every time another guest drives in,,,,,,the department puts two more officers on the clock...

No wonder DODGE CITY isn't the same as we used to remember it..

Credits
    Savings
    I like this site because we're all about the same age but there are other sites that i'm not going to mention that allow just about anything and the world didn't end, if fact those sites are the most popular with young Marines because they can let it hang out with no banning or suspensions hanging over them.

I don't always reply to everything but I enjoy reading the stuff that's on here. Like everyone else I get frustrated with the subject content when I do that I might say something or like you say just go to something else. Have a good day Brothers.

I believe that too often that something perceived as a personal attack is in reality far from being one; yet the poster who is offended runs to the squad leader, and reprecussions are levied.

The reality of it, is that most of it is normal conversation that would transpire in most conversations, if the parties were face to face.

I believe perception of what is, or isn't a personal attack leads to heated discussions, and posters being warned, or the post and thread being deleted. I have asked for, on several posts a clarification of what this board considers a personal attack. No clarification has been forthcoming to my knowledge.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tony,

You make valid points as has everyone else.

I pointed out " No racial crap " Shaffer has pointed out in SOP " Nothing Sexual " ( Like homo crap ) and I am going to add ( No attacks on a members Children, they are not on this Forum to defend themselves ).

The War room is the War room, it's a place where we Marines can speak Marine.

" It is what it is " plain and simple. the rules have not changed, just tweeked out a little. Have fun, Vent, Bust Ballz, be Marines.

Everyone must just follow these 3 rules.

After you read this give me some kind of response so I know everyones on the same page with this as I would like to lock or delete this thread.

The points have been made, the clarification has been given.

Mitch, I read what you posted Brother so the above I hope answered your question.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-03-13 at 10:15 AM.

Rocky;
    I'm fine with it, and I can live with it. Others on the thread may have a different opinion however. I say lock it, and should anyone get out of line or comes crying; the Squad Leaders, Admin, and others can tell them to refer to this thread or take it to the WAR Room for a "Deeper" discussion.

Semper Fi!
    Mitch

Credits
    Savings
    I'm cool with that, I'll even back off on pullin the lifers chains....well maybe...or maybe not but since you're going to send this to the world of delete, I guess I can say that I really don't mean most of the sh*t I give them, without them the Corps would never have made it but it sure is fun to say sh*t now that would have gotten me an Art 15 or worse in 1967.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahaha.

Thank you Brothers for getting back quick.
    Done deal.

I am not going to lock this thread yet until those who have posted can comment and after they do I will just Lock it so if there is a problem in the " War Room " those who have a problem can refer to this SOP.

But.... if it's a negative comment I will delete that post because this is SOP.

In other words, we must all agree to agree because " It is what it is "

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-26-12 at 05:39 PM.

Thread Information