Forum Loading problems - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pages are loading in less than 3 seconds here,it may be a local internet problem.XP and IE8.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nope.. Same for me... Its a bit faster now, but this morning was very slow.
    Dan, you must have one of them SUPER pc's as you never seem to have any problems... LOL

This is the only site that the pages take what seems like forever to load at times.

Yah know.....

I'm not complaining - cause the worse it gets, the more Usual it seems...

We could also use a ADMINSTRATOR NOTIFICATION "THINGY...

when you want to "Notify an Administrator"

Upcoming Events
    Upcoming Reunions

Doesn't work.....
    "The LINK"
    Re Direction,
    what ever...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    Nope.. Same for me... Its a bit faster now, but this morning was very slow.
    Dan, you must have one of them SUPER pc's as you never seem to have any problems... LOL
    I'm at the coffee shop now,there's no loading problems and the ISP a cable connection @ 6Mbps. But this computer is a P4,XP and Firefox.

Since there are few complaints today,it seems like a localized problem or something on their PC and not the server.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Very possible. I am in the Northeast as well

For me, this is the only site that this is happening to.
    The site is taking what seems like forever to load again the past few days....and I don't think it's a localized thing either. Others could be having the same problem and not reporting that they are having problems.

I am in the deep south, and it's been a problem for awhile. I have no problems accessing other sites in terms of loading, or signing on, so it's not my computer or operating system.

I agree with Softballcatch23 above.

I waited the minutes so I could add my experience.

IMO...this problem has been an intermittent, re-occurring one for whatever reasons.
    I'm certainly no expert but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with OS's or browser choices.
    When I've had this page loading problem no other sites/forums exhibit the behavior.

Me...WinXP SP3 and Firefox and Win7 with Firefox.

Carry on...

The only time the site has been slow for me in the last week was Tuesday between 1400 and 1830.Since no one else complained in that time period I assume it was a localized problem.

The right hand forum column dissappeared after the last reported slow down.Without the Facebook, Forum threads,and ads,the forum loads fast.

Dan, the right hand of the forum has been disappearing for quite some time now, along with the white background. When they both do re-appear, it takes quite a while for them to. I just never thought about mentioning anything until you just did.

Running slow is an understatement. It has nothing to do with living in the north, south, east or west. Go back and look at the posts from people: Deep south, PA, CA, north-east.

The problem began when LN went to its new web page over a year ago. Whereas Dan says occasionally it runs slow for him, my experience is that occasionally, once in a blue moon, it runs normal.

Just clicked on a page, got up, went to the head, stopped and talked for a bit, came back, got a cup of coffee, sat down, and the page finished loading as I sat.

Funny thing is, if it was regional, then don't you think any page would load slowly? That's not the case. I can go to any site, except this one, and loading speed is normal. Come to Leatherneck, and you had better have other things to do.

For Instance: The above post. I clicked on Post Quick (hahahaha) Reply, and waited one minute until the window popped up, "Leave Page." Clicked on that, and it was 3 minutes before the post appeared.

I lost track of time on how long it takes for a page to appear.......and God forbid if you have to send a PM, it takes much longer.

At local coffee shop 15Mbps connection,forum threads take 30-60 seconds to load.Home computer different ISP 3Mbps connection loads thread pages in less than 3 seconds.

Need a computer techie to figure this out.

Thread Information