Do 03XX'S .....
Create Post

Thread: Do 03XX'S .....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Do 03XX'S .....

View pogs as their equals???I know 03XX Marines have respect for the 1371's,and 08xxs, but it seems grunts absoluetly hate,and loathe non-combat arms Marines??

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancut24 View Post
    View pogs as their equals???I know 03XX Marines have respect for the 1371's,and 08xxs, but it seems grunts absoluetly hate,and loathe non-combat arms Marines??
    Not going to take this question to seriously because it is stupid.

But to answer your question..yes there is some animosity towards POGs from the 03's. More recently though the line between POGs and grunts hasn't been as distinct because of the nature of the fight. I am a POG and a reservist, as was the rest of my platoon. We worked directly with an active duty infantry unit outside the wire on a daily basis, at first we were like the red headed step child but after a few weeks of operations they realized how important the job we did was and vice versa.

The point is no matter what is said back and forth from grunts to POGs or POGs to grunts. At the end of the day there is a mutual respect based on the job being done.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Not going to take this question to seriously because it is stupid.

But to answer your question..yes there is some animosity towards POGs from the 03's. More recently though the line between POGs and grunts hasn't been as distinct because of the nature of the fight. I am a POG and a reservist, as was the rest of my platoon. We worked directly with an active duty infantry unit outside the wire on a daily basis, at first we were like the red headed step child but after a few weeks of operations they realized how important the job we did was and vice versa.

The point is no matter what is said back and forth from grunts to POGs or POGs to grunts. At the end of the day there is a mutual respect based on the job being done.
    I've been told alot of Marine Grunts hate Pogs also for the fact that alot of Pogs have extreme false motivation, enforce extreme garrison standards, and that Pog SNCO'S are very anal about the smallest garrison things and love burning grunts when their attached to a grunt battalion

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancut24 View Post
    I've been told alot of Marine Grunts hate Pogs also for the fact that alot of Pogs have extreme false motivation, enforce extreme garrison standards, and that Pog SNCO'S are very anal about the smallest garrison things and love burning grunts when their attached to a grunt battalion
    That isn't everywhere. I would say the person you talk to or had received your information is being biased. There was probably more to the story then what was shared.

I've been told Santa Claus was real too.

Thread Information