How to prepare, and enlisting or officer
Create Post

How to prepare, and enlisting or officer

Hey Marines! im currently 15 years old (16 in december), and a sophmore in high school. i definately want to join the Marine Corps, but dont know if i should enlist or become an officer. i want to try to make the Marine Corps a career, and if it doesnt work out, ill end up becoming a cop. i know being a Marine is more important, but i was wondering if the enlisted pay is enough. my mom says it isnt enough and that as a private, $17,000 isnt enough... so which would be the smartest way to make a career out of it. thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 11-08-12 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Site rules...on this site Marine and Marine Corps is always capitalized.

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Profile complete...thread re-opened.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1. Your only 15, enjoy your youth.
    2. Stay in school, get good grades and graduate.
    3. Listen to your parents.
    4. Stay out of trouble.
    5. By the time your ready the pay will be differant.
    6. If your in it for the Money, you are looking at it for all the wrong reasons.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the Forum.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    How about you focus on graduating high school and getting into college. Once there then you can weigh your options on trying to commission or enlisting.

Young man, I've already deleted 2 threads you had going asking the same questions over and over.
    Any questions you have on tips to prepare for Parris Island or what to expect, ask them here. DO NOT start another one.

Best advice for boot camp and the crucible

Hello Marines! I am currently 16 (almost 17) and planning on enlisting once I turn 17. I was wondering if some of you Marines out there could give me the best advice to "surviving" boot camp. My recruiter has not been very helpful so I figured I'd make an account here to get help from all of the Marines in this community. Also what is the crucible like and how can I prepare for it? Thank you for your service Marines!

Andrew

Thread Information