What does this dream mean?
Closed Thread

What does this dream mean?

Well here is a little about myself. I'm 17 I dropped out and I've been wanting to enlist in the Marine Corps for quite some time now. The reasons I haven't enlisted or even gone to talk to a recruiter for that matter is because I want to get more physically fit, I don't know what MOS to choice and, I heard you get to pick if you want to get stationed overseas or in the states. I wanted to do infantry but, I'm having second thoughts. I'm more of a tech person, as in I always been about computers since young, wouldn't know which MOS fits that best.

Anywho about the dream, I was already in bootcamp and it was obviously a dream because, I was joking around with my DI.Nevertheless we were lined up in about 5 rows jumping in the pool swimming across and back. When it was my turn I left the side of my DI and went to the start. I dove in and got across in about 5 seconds and back in 5. I thought it was cheap so I shouted do-over and did it again. After I came out the pool the DI stopped everyone and called out my name. I walked up to him and he handed me a pin and I heard someone shout he aced it or did it in under a minute. I then held the pin and just started at it then I woke up.

I can't get the dream out of my mind, usually I have a dream forget it move on. But, this is the first dream of the Corps that I have and I don't know what it means.Also, sorry if I posted in the incorrect section.

If this means anything, the pin was small and it was all red had two eagles on its sides and arrows stacked in the middle.

Sorry for the way the paragraph is written I haven't been in school in a while. But, thanks if anyone has answers for the dream and advice on enlisting would really be helpful.

Similar Threads:

The reason you haven't enlisted is because you never got your highschool diploma; now, you'll need that GED and the 15 college credits. Should've stayed in school. Just say'n.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would stay away from the late night Tacos and get back to school.
    Should you fortunate enough to Enlist, go INTEL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joonyerr View Post
    Anywho about the dream, I was already in bootcamp and it was obviously a dream because, I was joking around with my DI.Nevertheless we were lined up in about 5 rows jumping in the pool swimming across and back. When it was my turn I left the side of my DI and went to the start. I dove in and got across in about 5 seconds and back in 5. I thought it was cheap so I shouted do-over and did it again. After I came out the pool the DI stopped everyone and called out my name. I walked up to him and he handed me a pin and I heard someone shout he aced it or did it in under a minute. I then held the pin and just started at it then I woke up.

I can't get the dream out of my mind, usually I have a dream forget it move on. But, this is the first dream of the Corps that I have and I don't know what it means.Also, sorry if I posted in the incorrect section.

If this means anything, the pin was small and it was all red had two eagles on its sides and arrows stacked in the middle.

Sorry for the way the paragraph is written I haven't been in school in a while. But, thanks if anyone has answers for the dream and advice on enlisting would really be helpful.
    Let me consult my crystal ball.

Your swimming seems to indicate a secure and safe path of your subconscious, and the fact that the D.I. supports you indicates you have need of a fatherly image. The pin he handed you represents a head, and a small pin means a small head, so that could represent the diminutive image you have of yourself.

The fact that it was
    red means there is a lot of emotion attached to it (the dream), and many arrows mean you shall take many paths. An eagle represents nobility and pride, but two eagles means the one cancels out the other, which seems to indicate failure.

Interpretation: You shall take a path to boot camp where you will fit in and appreciate the counsel of your D.I.s. Your life will seem to come together for a time, and during swim qualification you will excel such that you are admired by others and achieve recognition. However, your emotional attachment to this success will create more pride than your head can handle, and in the end your head will explode and you will wash out of boot camp and be sent on a pathway back home.

Hilarious.

Here is the Leprechaun's worthless opinion:

1: Go back to school. If you are only 17 you might be able to get back in, unless you were thrown out. In that case, start looking for colleges.

2: IF you can't get back in HS, then as stated, no matter what, you'll need those credits. I would personally suggest something in the trades, as these days all that squishy 'BA' degrees get you is a ticket to the unemployment line.

3: There is absolutely ZERO assurance you'll be recruited. Thus, see #2 above. Why? Because in this day and age, of downsizing and all that, your chances of getting in even with those credits aren't looking good.

4: Dreams are nice, but lets get back to reality.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post

It's not a silly dream,
    and there is only one person I know on here,
    who is capable of interpreting dreams.

Wait just a miniute.......
    I'v got a deck of TAROT cards,
    A "Magic 8-ball",
    And i've been going to school late nights @
    Canwe - Screwum and Howe, for "Interpretive Dancing."

BUT,

Shooting from the hip says get back into school,
    MINIMUM= get your GED moy pronto and 15 college credits.
    IF the economy gets any worse in the future,
    PLAN to do more than what we've told you already

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahaha !!!
    Great thread to wake up to

You PM'd me the following:

More on that dream

Basically what you got from the dream was to not enlist?

---------------
    No. Now, listen, I seriously do not believe anybody is taking this thread seriously, and my response was tongue in cheek, an attempt at humor.

If you are a legitimate kid thinking about enlisting in the Marine Corps, you have received advice sprinkled throughout attempts at humor.

If you indeed had a dream, it's probably because you ate too much pizza the night before.

Forget the dream, if there ever was one. They mean nothing.

If you want to enlist in the Marine Corps or any other branch of the Armed Forces, go back and read what has been said.

1. Get your GED. Better yet, if you can get back in high school, do it.
    2. Get 15 college credits.
    3. Go talk to a recruiter and find out what you need to know from one whose job it is to tell you.
    4. If and when you enlist, if you put your mind to it, if you listen and follow orders, if you stick to it, you'll do just fine.

Now, nothing more on this dream.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The OP logged in and viewed this thread today at 2:06 PM.
    There was no response from him on this thread soooo I don't think this " Marine Friend " was serious with his question.

Great answers, all had fun, thread closed...

Thread Information