Posers or part posers
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posers or part posers

Is there anywhere one can go to verify that someone was a Sgt Maj? I work with a guy who first was a Gunny, Then a Master Sgt, and then says he was a Master Gunny?

Similar Threads:

Well, that's the way our rank structure normally occurs. Just not in a week.

P.S. What is a "part poser," he either is or he isn't.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    When a Marine tells you he made Gunny out of boot-camp, his Grandfather is Commandant or he may be a part time poser.

Google is a tool. Sometimes you can just google the person's name and find other information out there they have posted.

Ask him about his units. Google the units.

You say he was a gunny, MSgt, MsGySgt but your question is whether he is a SgtMaj, so that's a bit confusing. Was he saying he got out as a gunny, and then later changed to these other ranks?

Welcome to the site.

Credits
    Savings
    With a conversation he will trip himself ---
    The lies will get deeper and harder to cover with each one.

Worst case -- ask for a DD 214

Yeah sorry about the Master Gunny, Sgt Major I was 9 hours into a night shift. It is just My whole family was recently burned by a gal who had a real whooper going for a year. She attended boot camp but was medically discharged. She was married to a Marine that my son (former Marine) knew because they were poolee's together. End result was a grandaughter, who has an estranged mother, my son is raising her on his own.

Anyway back to the current suspect: I know him as a Master Gunny in Communications. But a dogie who I also work with tells me that the guy first told him that he retired as a gunny, then he heard he was an E-8, and then an E-9.

By a part poser I was referring to someone who did actually serve but exaggerated their service.

Hey Skipper give us his name I have several web site that I can run a check on...and also there are Marine on this site here that can run back ground check also. we can find out for sure I bet..

Eugene A Griffith He says he was in communication, I did not ask him MOS.
    MY firefox sure did not like this site. Using Safari.
    Thanks to all in advance.
    Happy Birthday all-
    I need to get my scanner hooked up, I have a cruise book from the USS Augusta 1934. L.B. Puller was the Lt. of Marines, and Capt. Chester Nimitz was the Skipper, My Granddad was a Pvt. Pretty cool book. I would like to share.

If he went from GySgt to Msgt. to MGySgt. that works.
    If he went from GySgt to MSgt. to SgtMaj. that works.

If he went from GySgt to Msgt. to MGySgt to SgtMaj. he is full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    When a Marine tells you he made Gunny out of boot-camp, his Grandfather is Commandant or he may be a part time poser.
    Billy.
    You need to clean out your PM's.

I got that Old Marine thanks I knew that but just mis spoke in the beginning. Night shifts will do that.

ironmanbgmac:

There is a Marine of that name who is a retired MGYSGT, MOS 0699.

You should inform him that you publicly questioned his integrity and put his name out on the internet.

-Mr Gray

I'd say you are either a Master Guns, or a SgtMaj. It would be odd to me if a 'current/modern' day Marine confused the two, or claimed to be one and was the other.

The only reason I can think of for doing that would be around totally 'non Marine' types who wouldn't understand the terms, and you would be attempting to explain the equivilant.

That would make some sense, otherwise, I would wonder myself.

I am very happy that he is for real, as I have been treating him with the respect that someone who is a MGYSGT of Marines. While I will tell him I never questioned who he was , the information came second hand and I now can squash it.
    I have been burned big time on 2 other occasions.
    Too bad we are not in the good old days when impostors were dealt with certainty and actually felt some shame when exposed. It just is not that way anymore.

It is nice now that Vets have respect of others outside of other vets. In my era you could not even count on other vets. Reagan did make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr gray View Post
    ironmanbgmac:

There is a Marine of that name who is a retired MGYSGT, MOS 0699.

You should inform him that you publicly questioned his integrity and put his name out on the internet.

-Mr Gray

Unfortunately the increasing amount of fakers these days makes us suspicious of the the real ones. Some people just aren't happy with who they are and feel like they need to lie--this does a huge disservice to the real heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanbgmac View Post
    I am very happy that he is for real, as I have been treating him with the respect that someone who is a MGYSGT of Marines. While I will tell him I never questioned who he was , the information came second hand and I now can squash it.
    I have been burned big time on 2 other occasions.
    Too bad we are not in the good old days when impostors were dealt with certainty and actually felt some shame when exposed. It just is not that way anymore.

It is nice now that Vets have respect of others outside of other vets. In my era you could not even count on other vets. Reagan did make it better.

Thread Information