Shoulder injuries during boot camp.
Create Post

Shoulder injuries during boot camp.

Hey Marines.

My question today if anyone here has had dealt shoulder injuries, like Shoulder impingement or rotator cuff problems. I'm asking because my good friend who recently shipped to boot was writing to me about he is having irritation in his right shoulder. It's got me wondering, are holder injuries common ? Seeing as the shoulder has te weakest muscles in the body they can be injured easily.

im yet to go to boot so I come for your experienced opinions please.

Similar Threads:

One more question added to the mix.

What happens when surgery is needed ?

I hurt my shoulder during the Crucible (torn labrum) but suffered through and graduated. I went to BAS right after the warrior breakfast and made sure it was documented. During boot leave, I visited my civilian family doctor and got a cortisol shot which helped a ton and got me through ITB (Co Honorman). I'm a reservist so from here on will be different. Once I reported to my reserve unit, the Med Chief noted the shoulder injury and told me to check in with him after every drill. After a full year of drilling, during summer AT, my shoulder was so bad it would dislocate if I sneezed hard enough (serious, no joke). I was told to find an orthopedic surgeon and get it taken care of (Chief even recommended one in my home town). I've had two surgeries now and am almost in a position to start drilling again. Tricare has covered everything.

If anything, dont enlist if you have an injury you're hiding. I cannot stand someone going into the military knowing they can get some kind of disability for an injury that occured before hand. If injured while in Boot Camp, even if you can continue on and finish, get to medical and have it documented.

What do you think would have happened If ou were active duty sir ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    What do you think would have happened If ou were active duty sir ?
    Hard to say but Im sure I would've been on light or no duty initially and, in my case, since recovery and additional surgery has now required me to not participate for almost two years, I'm certain I would've been medically discharged by now. I dont know where the limit/deadline is (for an active duty injury) but I'd guess if the estimated recovery time is pushing a year or more, its probably a lot easier to discharge that Marine as opposed to paying him/her for a year to sit on his ass

Thread Information