Recruit Hip Injury
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Recruit Hip Injury

Last week our daughter/recruit was dropped into FRP during Grass Week at PI for a labral tear in her hip joint. Everything I have read about this injury indicates a lot of time is necessary for healing, and if arthroscopic surgery is required, 4-6 months before returning to the "sport" . I haven't gotten a letter with any details of severity etc, but our recruit wants to be a Marine, and I doubt she'll even discuss anything except healing and returning to a BMP to finish boot camp. Has anyone on this forum had any experience with their own recruit and this injury? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

Similar Threads:

Let me be up front, first of all this is a major injury that may stop her from doing what she wants to do. I would only hope that the Doctors who does the surgery is highly qualified as to do it..also you might want a second opinion it want hurt. Gods speed and our prayers out for her..

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for responding, Marine1955. My daughter is active duty recruit, so I will rephrase my question to any parents who have experience with their female recruits and hip injuries...was it treated with rest and NSAIDS, then phys.therapy ,or was arthroscopic surgery required? What was the healing and recovery time before the recruit was able to return to training? Only those with experience in the matter need reply. Thanks!

Thread Information