Help.
Create Post

Thread: Help.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Help.

I'm 20 years old, basically doing nothing. The past month was all about me getting paper-work into my recruiter. I've been loosing some sleep, but not a whole lot over MEPS and what Boot is going to be like. I've heard great things about boot and I've heard horror stories about it as well, some recruits even dieing. My head is flushed with what I'm getting myself into and I have great friends and family who helped me with this choice. I've been stopped by police three times, each time ending in either a lecture and being let off or a "Do you know where this car is?" I've received no papers, no court dates, not even a birthday card from any of the officers. But I was reassured via friends and police friends that if it was just a lecture, then I'll do all right....but I wanted to make sure. I also feel like I have an in-grown coming in and I only took notice to it about an hour after my last run which was approximately around 20.00 hours pacific time. It barely bothers me but I'm getting it removed by my mom tonight. Will I still be able to pass MEPS? Secondly, I want to serve my country, but I'm unaware of my chances of being discharged are. I don't want to go half-way into basic then all of a sudden, I'm booted out because of the mole I had removed, or because of the in-grown toe-nails I got. (Extra Info: I got ingrown toenails from wearing tap dancing shoes. Yes, I used to tap dance. And this other one came from wearing what I believe from old shoes I took a run in.) If at all possible, can you give me some of your boot camp stories so I know that I'm making the right choice? Thank you.

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Profile complete....thread re-opened.

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission

Lower extremities

Updated June 10, 2009
    The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:

Foot and ankle

Current ingrown toenails (703.0), if infected or symptomatic, are disqualifying.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...tremities2.htm

To get the most current and up to date info, it's best that you speak with a recuiter face-to-face, not over the phone.
    And.....if you would require a waiver for the ingrown toenails, none of the Marines here would know if it would be approved or not.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks.

I would just ask your recruiter if you can wait to go to MEPS until your toe is healed. If your feet aren't jacked up going in to boot camp, they'll likely be jacked up leaving.

If you received no citations, you have no criminal history. That's what I would tell the people at MEPS, and I'd be telling them the truth.

Boot camp only sucks until its over. It's a very small portion of your enlistment, and an EXTREMELY small portion of your life.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks to all that replied.

I just found out that it isn't an Ingrown at all, rather it is jsut something that was rubbing against my shoe.

I am uber excited to join the CORPS and I hope to do my country, friends and family proud.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 10-24-12 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Learn how to spell Corps correctly.......it's CORPS, not Corp.

Troll.

Thread Information