MCAS Futenma
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCAS Futenma

MCAS Futenma

After I return from deployment, my next duty station is Futenma. I'm just trying to get a much information as I can about the base and the general thoughts of those stationed there in regards to the base and it's facilities. If this is posted in the wrong section I apologize. Thanks in advanced.

Similar Threads:

Not much to say except its the greatest base on Okinawa, your like in the middle of the best things. You got Naha to the south, got all everything thats close to Foster and Gate 2 by Kadena isnt to far either. Your options are open.

So isolated and so few people actually reside on Futenma, there usually never any dependents because they have no reason to be there. Except perhaps that little movie theater.

I miss Futenma

What are some of things you enjoyed doing after duty hours? Did anything you enjoy doing conflict with the liberty policy? Lastly, What do you think of the liberty policy? Is it really as bad as some imply, or does it only affect those who do dumb ****?

You will have all the chances you want to swim, fish and scuba dive. You will have all the chances you can handle to have sex, sex, sex. You will have all the chances you want to drink, drink, and drink some more.

You MUST be careful in town, they dont like us over there anymore. Stay away from the caves.

Thats about it dude.

The caves?

My tour at Futenma in 91-92 beat the hell out of my tour at Hansen in 77-78...

Get a drivers license and buy a car is my suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    My tour at Futenma in 91-92 beat the hell out of my tour at Hansen in 77-78...

Get a drivers license and buy a car is my suggestion...
    I agree with Top Get your License and a small car and you can swoop to Naha and have a real good time, by the way stay off Creep Street and stay away from hand job anna. try to learn some of the language it will be to your benefit to do. when you greet someone you say OHIO that mean morning , and the nationals will respect you more if you make that effort I was there from 79 to 80 and loved it. Kadena Air force Base is a great place to check out,but they no longer fly the SR-71 which was cool to watch..what ever you do if you see a Cop and he point his baton at you and it's RED you had better stop for him.. also stay out of the Binjo ditches. there's allot more but I can't think of them right now. by your watch over there and your stereo stuff over there also it's super cheap and high quality..

Gotta ask. What are the caves, and what are the Binjo Ditches? Also I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to get a license and vehicle out there.

Binjo ditches are where the locals pizz at and chit in.. I don't know about the caves. But if you want to really have a good time learn some of the language and get a license it easy don't worry once you have a Japanese drivers license your consider a professional driver and you can drive any place.. Get a Garmin gps also to help you around the Island..
    P.S. I don't know if they still do this but they have no ginger when it comes to the head. You might be taken a pizz and mamasan may walk in on you and sit down an pizz or chit next to you. That happen to me in Iwakuni ,Japan in the receiving Barracks I sat down to take a dump and here come mamasan sit down right in front of me and start doing here own thing.
    Let me tell you that will wake you up fast..Also if you want you can get a mamasan to do your laundry for really cheap price and take care of you too..
    I had one and it was nice...My close were always clean and my boots and shoes too.

Few units on Okinawa allows single enlisted Marines to get vehicles. Most prohibit it, unless maybe your a senior Sgt or above. So do not expect that to happen, if you do get into a unit that allows it then great.

The caves are just old Okinawa ruins of all variety, locals do not appreciate Marines going through them.

Good to see that you went to the TL forums with your questions, most members there have actually been on the island recently and they know whats up so they can help you better.

Besides... there really is no point asking these type of questions, your still going to find out yourself one way or another.

I appreciate the answers guys.

Right now, things are going to be crazy over there because of the recent rape - so "Cinderella Curfew" is in effect!
    I recommend the Gym, Battle Site tours, scuba or snorkling and get alot of MCIs done!

Think the Cinderella liberty policy just lifted over there.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGarland View Post
    Right now, things are going to be crazy over there because of the recent rape - so "Cinderella Curfew" is in effect!
    I recommend the Gym, Battle Site tours, scuba or snorkling and get alot of MCIs done!
    I agree also with Jesse get those MCI's as many as you can and they will help with promotions also.. make sure if you can take the NCO's coarse and Staffs NCO course also and anything related to your improving your MOS is great too.. I was unaware that they no longer aloud Jr. rank not to drive and have license cause as a PFC in Main land I could drive there and us guys would pitch in and buy a car and have fun. we had a little pick-up it was small ,so small when we got a flat the guys would lift the rear end up and one would change the tire. true story..Have fun what other way can you go see the world and not have to pay to travel and get paid for doing it..

see every thing you can and learn too..your never to old to learn..

Thank you for the career improvement suggestions. I'm not sure if it's true or it just affects junior marines. Hopefully as a Cpl I'll be abled to get a vehicle when I get there, as that would be preferred as to shelling out the couple hundred bucks a night to check out some of the sites.

Thread Information