Boot regulations..
Create Post

Question Boot regulations..

How damaged can your boots be until there out of uniform? I have some toe damage, the top layer is gone in an area probably half the size of a penny would that be considered out of uniform? and if so what would be best to just buy new boots or get them fixed at a cobbler? Thanks brothers
    Semper Fi!

Similar Threads:

Are they patent leather?

If they were the boots we used to wear they would be considered unserviceable for military wear.

The boots you have today, I do not know.

If they are considered unserviceable for military wear, you can always them for hunting, hiking or what ever. Check with one of your NCO'S or SNCO'S.

Just buy new boots devil

He means the 'new' boots, which in some ways are very similar to the old 'rough out' style of boondockers used from WWII until the 'black' boots came into USMC inventory in the very early 1960's.

I don't have a good answer on this one, I'd seriously ask a SNCO in your chain and go with that. Just be prepared to go buy new ones if he/she tells you they are unserviceable.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMindset View Post

How damaged can your boots be until there are considered out of uniform?

Some of your question wasn't obvious to me.

Out of uniform ??? I can't help you there

UNSERVICEABLE ? (sp) maybe.

Much of your gear , may not be what you can expect to be wearing for an inspection.

the old, (Two pair of boots) routine.. wear one for inspection, and a cobblers chit for the other pair you didn't have on the bunk.

(Junk on the bunk- something i've been told you young Marines no longer contend with)
    What you can/should wear while working in your mos is another answer.

Grease on a "boot" that you can't wear for an inspection, doesn't mean you $hitcan the boots and not wear them while you preform
    your duties..

Boots in the FIELD ,have a different set of requirments than do a set of boots STANDING AN -IG- ,next to a tool-box and a de-greasing tank.

(Don't wear them when they're gonna get your a$$ chewed)

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    In Nam, your boots wasn't deemed out of uniform until they rotted of your feet. Even then you wasn't out of uniform......because your ( utilities) uniform would rot off first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    In Nam, your boots wasn't deemed out of uniform until they rotted of your feet. Even then you wasn't out of uniform......because your ( utilities) uniform would rot off first.
    I glad they didn't inspect our bodies, they were rotting off of us as well with that agent orange.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I glad they didn't inspect our bodies, they were rotting off of us as well with that agent orange.
    Russ, agent orange is what we used to wash with to get rid of the jungle rot growing on us.

All depends on your rank. If you are an SNCO with guys under you...you should probably get new boots. If you are junior, Cpl or below, I would say a good rule of thumb is after you get yelled at twice by the same person, or if more than one leader in your command makes a comment. That being said, you should have different boots for garrison and field. If you have two sets of garrison boots you should be set for a good amount of time. Also, you can always see what supply is willing to do for you, though this depends on the guy in the four shop.

Thread Information