Future Reservist 2111
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Future Reservist 2111

Good Evening Marines,

I am aware this topic has probably been covered, but I was having a tough time finding it on the forums so i figured I would create a new thread.

I am a future reservist 2111 small arms repair technician. I ship to MCRD Parris Island in 5 days, I am going to be placed with an AmTrack unit in my city. Are there any other 2111 in reservists that can give me an idea of what drill is like, or what deployment is like? Any chance of outside the wire action?
    And would it be possible to after my 6 years to reenlist as an active duty 2111? I have been told that MOS is undermanned.
    Thanks,
    ZDR

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    At drill you will be doing A LOT of sitting around and sitting in your armory staring at the wall. When your unit does go to the field you will still be sitting in the armory handing out weapons and then probably chillin in the COC tent when everyone else is out doing whatever they do.

On a deployment, if you get on one, you will be chilling in your battalion/companies armory, checking in and out other Marines weapons. You may get lucky and get to go outside the wire as a gunner on a truck or as an extra pack in the back.

Yes, it is possible to re-enlist after your 6 year reservist mandatory drill time but it isn't likely that you'll get to. That is a long ways down the road, the Corps will be much smaller and different than it is now. If you want to go on a deployment and be active duty the sign an active duty contract.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Okay,I see
    Thank you

COC tent or chilling in your humvee.

Life will be good.

Thread Information