Should I Join The Marines?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Should I Join The Marines?

I'm 15 years old and I've thought a lot about joining the Marines. I'll be 17 in a about a year and a half and I feel strongly about serving my country. You see, grandfather was a Marine and served in vietnam and his bothers joined too and served in desert storm. No one's putting pressure on me, but I honestly really do need to get my myself together and also want to join because eveyone says it's a life changing experience, I want to be apart of that. But idk if I should join when I'm 17 and get my mom to sign the papers or if I should just wait till I'm 18. But I just want your opinion on what I should do and If I'm joining for the wrong reasons. Thanks for taking time to read this question (:

Last edited by Lisa 23; 10-09-12 at 10:12 PM.

Honestly it doesn't really matter if you sign up at 17 or 18, what matters is actually graduating high school, if you manage to finish school early, or have a late birthday, it's possible to leave at 17 I guess.

Stay in shape, stay out of trouble, don't do drugs, and finish your schooling. A lot can change in a year and a half.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post
    Honestly it doesn't really matter if you sign up at 17 or 18, what matters is actually graduating high school, if you manage to finish school early, or have a late birthday, it's possible to leave at 17 I guess.

Stay in shape, stay out of trouble, don't do drugs, and finish your schooling. A lot can change in a year and a half.
    ^^this^^

Focus on graduating HS first, once you have that diploma in hand then you can decide what you want to do.

Thread Information