Questions about the HUMINT (Enlisted) career path
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Questions about the HUMINT (Enlisted) career path

Hi, thank you for reading my post. I was wondering about the HUMINT career path as an enlisted reservist. What is a typical way in becoming a 0211? What should I expect, while aspiring to obtain this MOS? Thank you for your input.

0211 is lat move only, E-4's and above. There are only a handful of 0211 reservists.

It's not entry level, it requires the ability to acquire a TS/SCI clearance, and includes a CI poly as well. If you can't get a clearance, don't even bother.

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Profile complete.....thread re-opened.

Credits
    Savings
    ^ Thank you SoftballCatch23!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you PNW2011. What would be the best way to move to 0211? I figured serving as a 0231 would be the most efficient way to become a 0211. I just wanted to verify if I got all the steps right. I've been a bit concerned that they rarely take reservists to lat-move to 0211, as it requires a lot of clearance and training. What is a typical path to becoming a 0211 as a reservist?

Thank you so much for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post
    0211 is lat move only, E-4's and above. There are only a handful of 0211 reservists.It's not entry level, it requires the ability to acquire a TS/SCI clearance, and includes a CI poly as well. If you can't get a clearance, don't even bother.
    I've read a lot of your posts and you really come off rude in a lot of your posts. All he simply asked was for info about being CI Humint and you some how always come off like you are an old salt, you are a PFC you dont rate being an old salt at all youve barely even been in the Marine Corps for a year so dont pretend like you some how rate just because you passed boot and your MOS school.And as it pertains to the OP's question seeing as he asked about it as a RESERVIST he does have the ability assuming there are slots open for it. There are Privates PFC's doing 0241 job which is for sergeants only so yes there is a possibility of him getting it as a reservist. You just have to strike when the metal is hot and make sure you dont do anything stupid as one of the original posters put it you need a TS where as long as you arent crazy killed a guy or a huge stoner it is not that difficult to obtain.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 10-09-12 at 09:24 PM.

Or having a family member that isn't a citizen. It's really weird how the investigations are conducted. Some people have Chinese parents, living in China, and have visited China themselves, and they get clearances. Others get denied.

I'm not sure what the logic is behind it. As the OP mentioned, it would help to be an 0231 prior, but it isn't a requirement. Reserve side CI is.... different.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 10-09-12 at 09:25 PM. Reason: language

Wow PNW2011, completely ignore what was said to you too, just stand the hell by devil.

ya know,, sometimes i wish i could do that,,,,lol

Alright Marines, anyone wants to spout of on each other, do it in PM's, not on the boards....first and only warning.

Please get in contact with your closest CI/HUMINT reserve unit and they will direct you on how to apply for the MOS. If you pass initial phone interview and personal screening they will pay OPM for your background investigation. If you pass their selection process they will OJT you until finding you a school seat. If you pass that school you will have a minimum three year commitment to that unit, along with at least one deployment requirement. If you have any questions, PM me.

Thread Information