Searching for Dog Tag owner
Closed Thread

Searching for Dog Tag owner

I just returned from a trek to the Con Thien Firebase in Vietnam. There is an old man living in a shack just under it and through translation he gave me a USMC dog tag he had found some time after 1985. The name on it is J.R. Parker, ID 2076883. His name and number are not on the wall or any MIA lists I have found. I'll looking to know if he or his family still survive so I can return this important identification to the rightful owner. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
    Petra Hernandez
    hernanpl@earthlink.net

Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Profile filled out.....thread re-opened.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I know about the fakes but I under the circumstances in which I got possession of the tag, I believe it's for real. I uploaded a few pictures into an album, please view it under my profile and reply back whether you think I should continue to pursue the owner. It just all seems so legit to me.
    I really appreciate your time,
    Petra

I contacted Quantico yesterday and just received their response. I'm maybe someone reading this will know something more about this hero. Please see below.

Ms Hernandez:

Your email to the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation was forwarded to me at the Marine Corps History Division.

I can verify that J R Parker was a Marine, James Roe Parker who enlisted in the Corps on 18 September 1963. I found a man by the same name and date of birth who died in Tallahassee, Florida on 20 October 1998. Once a Marine leaves the Corps, we simply are unable to track them further. I am sorry I don't have more information but hope these limited pieces help in some way.

Sincerely,
    Annette Amerman
    Senior Reference Historian
    Marine Corps History Division
    www.history.usmc.mil

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A 1 day response ? amazing !!!.
    Well the search is over.

Our Brother served, came home, and passed away 14 years ago.

RIP Marine and welcome home...

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

PS. I am going to close this thread since you listed your email address for future contact. Had you not, I would have kept it open.

Thank you.

Thread Information