No phone cal? Does this mean no graduation on time?
Create Post

No phone cal? Does this mean no graduation on time?

my son is supposed to graduate this Friday. We expected a call today from him to confirm. He has not called. Does this mean something happened and he won't graduate this Friday? I need to know because I plan to leave for south Carolina tomorrow night.

My son is also in Boot Camp. From experience, just know that no news is good news. I wouldn't worry too much about the phone call. I'm guessing today was his Liberty Sunday? I know alot of parents were sending their recruits prepaid phone (calling) cards....did you send him a calling card? Perhaps, you may want to call his Senior DI or drop him an email....but for the most part....if you havn't heard anything, just know that no news IS good news. Personally, I think that everything is fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure that you son is fine.

we have sent him multiple letters every single day. We got about a dozen or so letters from him. His last two letters said he would call us this Sunday. I knew nothing about the need to send a prepaid card. I wonder if that's why he did not call

Credits
    Savings
    Under NO circumstance email/call his D.I. if you love your son ??

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    True Words !!!

Nor the Base Chaplain Like My Parents did! Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES!
    Boy did I pay and pay and pay!

And don't call his recruiter or The American Red Cross either.
    There could be many reasons why your son didn't call home today.......liberty could've been cut short, something could've been wrong with the phones, it could've been raining all day. I'm sure everything is just fine and when you see him on Thursday, family day, I'm sure he'll tell you why he didn't call home.
    Have a safe trip and enjoy every moment while seeing your son on family day.....and takes lots of pictures!!!

Good insight SoftballCatch23:

Now that I think about it (and after seeing your post) I do remember seeing something on the weather channel that Beaufort, SC was under a Thunderstorm Advisory. Perhaps that could be why. I have my cell phone set up with the Weather Channel ap so I can have an idea of the weather that my son my be experiencing on a daily basis ( I know...weird...but it makes me feel "closer" to him. ) Again, I wouldn't worry. No news is good news.

Liberty Sunday???? Since when????? Sunday is Church Call and napping day.

Quote Originally Posted by robengineer View Post
    my son is supposed to graduate this Friday. We expected a call today from him to confirm. He has not called. Does this mean something happened and he won't graduate this Friday? I need to know because I plan to leave for south Carolina tomorrow night.
    did you get the letter with the base pass in it,, and when my daughter was dropped due to her going UNQ on the rifle range they had her call to let us know NOT to come to graduation and that she was sent back to another platoon, and we also got a notice in the mail that, if i remember right, was a form letter signed by my Daughter, that said the same thing,,

My son graduated Oct. 5th. We did not get a call on Liberty Sunday as he said he would. His reason was that 720 recruits were instructed first to buy a watch during their three hour liberty. Then, there were long lines and a lot of phones were out of order too.

We drove down as planned and saw him warming up for the Moto run at 6:30 am Thursday. At that point ( He was there for 24 weeks due to injury) we finally knew he would be also finally graduating. So.... no news is good news and proceed as planned unless otherwise notified. Enjoy that great two days on that beautiful island.

For what it's worth we never received a phone call the Sunday before graduation. Our son graduated MCRDSD. We live in Minnesota and got on our flight Wednesday assuming everything was good to go. Saw him on Family Day, went to graduation and everything went according to plan. I wouldn't sweat not receiving a phone call during boot in fact. as others have pointed out. this is a good thing. This also goes for MCT.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post

Liberty Sunday????

Since when?????

Sunday is Church Call !!!!

and napping day.????
    I seem to remember

graduation ONE DAY,

and a Bus Ride to Camp Geiger the next...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCskiff View Post
    My son graduated Oct. 5th. We did not get a call on Liberty Sunday as he said he would. His reason was that 720 recruits were instructed first to buy a watch during their three hour liberty. Then, there were long lines and a lot of phones were out of order too.

We drove down as planned and saw him warming up for the Moto run at 6:30 am Thursday. At that point ( He was there for 24 weeks due to injury) we finally knew he would be also finally graduating. So.... no news is good news and proceed as planned unless otherwise notified. Enjoy that great two days on that beautiful island.
    Outstanding !!!
    Congrats all the way around and get him to join the Forum.

Thread Information