Canadian trying to join US Marines
Create Post

Canadian trying to join US Marines

Hello i am a 16 year old Canadian citizen born and raised here. my life dream is to join the Marines but i need some help on how to go about this. i have researched this for a long time and i know that to join the Marines as an infantryman i only need a green card. the problem is that is so hard to obtain one. Is there an easier way for a Canadian to join the Marines since i can cross the border freely. i will be joining the Canadian army reserves shortly to get experience that will help me with becoming a Marine. My current plan is that when i turn 18 is to go talk to a recruiter any help will be appreciated

Topic closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When your profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and topic will be re-opened.

Profile complete....topic re-opened.

thank you for re opening it.

Join the Canadian military

/thread

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no shortcut, you either have to have a Green Card or be a US citizen to enlist.

thanks is too bad that it will take around 4 years to get one

Quote Originally Posted by majaski View Post
    thanks is too bad that it will take around 4 years to get one
    try contacting a recruiter and see if he or she can send a recamandation to speed up getting a green card, if they want you bad enough, when the time comes< then they will try to pull some strings,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had two Canadians in our platoon at PI; both prior Canadian army. Of course that was in '68 and we had a full scale "conflict" on our hands. We are looking at a drastic draw down in the near future most likely; unless you really have something to offer I would think your chances are slim at this point.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    try contacting a recruiter and see if he or she can send a recamandation to speed up getting a green card, if they want you bad enough, when the time comes< then they will try to pull some strings,
    It is illegal for recruiters to do anything like this. If you aren't a permanent resident or citizen already, they can't help.

Is it a bummer the process takes so long? Yes, and majeski, you certainly have my sympathy.

thanks for the support ill see what the future holds. maybe after university ill see if i can get a work visa. i do have a cousin who owns a landscaping company would i be aloud to work for him.

You need a green card or citizenship to enlist.

Thread Information