Future Female Marine Qestions? (confused)
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post Future Female Marine Qestions? (confused)

First of all hello and I am new to this website so I am very sorry If I am posting this in the wrong place! But i had a few questions about becoming a female Marine. I've been researching for a while and have come to the conclusion that i want to be in the Marine Corps. I am currently a junior in High school going to SFSU. My plan was to join as a reserve right after high school and do reserves while attending my university. After graduating college I was going to go on active duty and apply for a position for FET.
    And what is a good Mos for females?
    What are the requirements of becoming a fet? And what is the best Mos that will get you a position as a fet?

and my other question was I speak 2 languages Russian and Farsi. I am fluent in Russian and can translate without a problem. As of Farsi (Persian) i can translate but can't speak it very well can i become a translator?
    sorry if these questions don't make sense I am not fluent in English so my grammar isn't very good haha
    I would talk to a recruiter but ever since i brought up the idea of joining the military to my parents they said they would disown me.

Thankk you for your time!!

Looks like Cryptolinguist is right where you need to be..

You speak english pretty well, seems like you're fluent to me. With Afghanistan winding down, I don't think FET will even exist by the time you are operational. The only problem with the fact that you can speak Russian or Farsi, is that you'll probably be assigned Arabic or Chinese, specifically because they don't want a possible Iranian or Russian sympathizer to be the one translating stuff they hear over the net because you could intentionally or unintentionally omit information.

Seriously being a 267X is a great job, you'll go to DLI in California for 8 months to 2 years, then go learn how to be a SIGINT Marine. You are a perfect candidate for a linguist, you'll probably leave the Marine Corps in 5 years knowing 3 different languages, and having experience with Signals Intelligence.

GOOGLE "Marine FET" for more info. There is no MOS for FET Marines and it is strictly voluntary (they take a small number of female Marines from all MOS's and then give them specialized training).

If you seriously want to become a Marine you will have to talk to a recruiter at some point. At that time, you can discuss with them the opportunities to become a translator.

Since English is your second language, are you a naturalized citizen or legal immigrant? Your resident status will affect your enlistment eligibility. Again, your recruiter will know the requirements but will need to see your documentation.

You don't just change from reserves to active duty whenever you choose, It's harder then that. Look it up online, because that's one of the few things I've heard from my reservist buddies that the recruiters actually... dance around the truth on.

Thread Information