ADD and a UZ Contract Question
Create Post

ADD and a UZ Contract Question

I currently plan on enlisting in the Corps during the summer of 2015 after I graduate highschool but I have an issue that may hold me back a bit. I took adderal for my ADD all throughout 6th - 8th grade and I'm worried I may have to deal with a waiver, or may even get turned down because of it. If anyone could give me information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

My second question is about UZ Contracts for Recon. Do they still exist? Could someone give me some info on them? From what I can tell they basically guarantee a spot in RIP, and if I don't make it as 0321 I'd become a 0311.

Thank you!

They exist, but are rare.

Boot camp company was 390 something recruits, guess how many were guaranteed recon?

That's 2/390

.05% were guaranteed recon. Of those two, I doubt either of them passed, I was in the same platoon as one. As for the ADD, just don't bring it up. When they ask, you say no. All that's going to do is waste your time and your recruiter's time with waiting on BUMED or whatever the hell to approve a stupid waiver. ADD is often overdiagnosed especially for children, and if you don't need the meds anymore, it's not worth mentioning,

Also recon goes through BRC, dunno what you're talking about.

Thread Information