Food at Boot camp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    First time I ever ate "bread pudding" was in boot camp, absolutely love bread pudding till this day.
    I honestly don't know if it is still served in boot camp ? but if it is ? definitely give it a try ! SOS is pretty good too !

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DWG View Post
    I'd like a reason as to deleting the four posts; pretty CS to me! Someone must be having their ''day"!
    I think "hot flash" more applicable then the Day query ?

I guess it really depends on your platoon or your company, but I graduated boot camp in March of this year and we were never allowed to eat desert. In fact, our Senior DI realized at the Warriors Breakfast that none of our platoon was getting desert, and he forced all of us to stand up, go get back in line, and eat some desert. We were still afraid we weren't allowed to.

We had a couple guys who almost never ate with the platoon (house mice, ninjas, etc.) and if those guys got caught eating desert by any of the other DI's from our company, they got slayed horrendously. Same with peanut butter. We were allowed 3 packets, no more. One guy got caught with six or seven packets while eating away from the platoon (after dental, I believe) and our Senior banned peanut butter for several weeks for the whole platoon.

And who said their DI's asked them if they were done before counting them down? That's unheard of.

Edit: We also weren't allowed to make sandwhiches with our food. I'd read on this forum to do that, and it sounded like a big time saver. My J-hat caught me stacking pasta on bread, asked me who had told me to make sandwhiches, then kicked me out of the chow hall.

Mighty Mike?

Nice, I know a bunch of guys who were in Mike. I think they were in 61 though.

5 star meals every time. You can get desert but there is a trick to it, the Chief Drill Instructor HAS to be there, and when he asks you if you want desert(if you're lucky) Give him a motivated OORAH and grab it. All the chowhall workers that are chicks are super hot too. You're gonna have a blast man bootcamp is a real good time. Sidenote: MRE's are way better then hot chow anyway.

Your chow will be eaten so fast you won't even remember what it tasted like.

But specifically,

Breakfast is eggs, cereal, toast, hasbrowns, waffles, fruit, etc.

Lunch is random, just hope its healthy and doesn't give you food poisoning. Lol memories. A third of my platoon got food poisoning. Drill instructors couldn't IT us without the quarterdeck having throw up all over it.

Dinner is the same as lunch. Like no joke. The same ****, just re-microwaved.

Desert is non-existent you disgusting heinous thing.

Enjoy and have fun at Marine Corps Boot Camp Resort, where all your dreams come true.

Food at the chow hall is actually the same thing as what they serve in other chow halls in the Marine Corps. It's actually better because it's fresher; there's massive amounts of recruits going through at once, so the food doesn't have time to dessicate under the warming lights like it does in the Fleet. Breakfast is pretty much always the best meal.

As said before, breakfast is eggs, bacon, sausage, bread, and cereal.

Lunch is a meat, a starch, and a veggie. The veggies are tasteless and bland, but the meat / starch is usually pretty good. There's a salad bar as well. The jello is a wonderous coveted resource, to be scooped up and enjoyed as quickly as possible. The DIs know this and usually dispatch a DI to watch over the jello.

Dinner is sometimes leftovers from lunch but is usually something else.

A few tips on maximizing food consumption

- Combine everything that can possibly be eaten together. Take the bread and dip it in the beef stew.
    - Wash everything down with water while you're eating it. Delicious? No. Makes everything easy to swallow? Yes.
    - Get a handful of peanut butter and jelly packets and eat them. Don't take them out of the chow hall; there's always one idiot who gets caught with peanut butter packets in the squad bay and gets annihilated. I didn't see anyone cry and flat-out give up and beg for mercy while getting ITed until someone got caught stealing peanut butter packets.

When you're out in the field, you usually get a box chow (or "bag nasty," as they call it on the west coast). It's a sandwich, eggs, cookies, chips, and a granola bar. It's not enough to live off of, but it's good enough to last you until you can get food at the chow hall.

You get MREs during the Crucible and Field Week. They're all okay except for the Cheese & Veggie Omelet. Chili Mac is by far the best.

In summary - it's not enough, and you will go hungry all the time. I lost thirty pounds, and I was in excellent shape. I could see all my ribs after I got home.

As I recall it was a ton of carbs and proteins. You would burn it off in a couple minutes if you decided to use your cum receptacle. Pasta was a popular meal.

Thread Information