Food at Boot camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Food at Boot camp

Hey Marines. My question is today, what kind of food do they serve you in boot camp ?

The kind you put in your mouth.

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but don't worry about the food they serve at boot camp. It's not like you're going to have time to sit and shoot the breeze with your fellow recruits. You'll be in and out of the chow hall so fast, you'll have no idea of what you just ate or how good it may have tasted.
    When I went through boot camp, if you were caught talking, then you were done eating, regardless of what was still on your tray.....and be sure to eat everything that is served to you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Chow Hall: In Marine boot camp you will eat in the chow hall three times a day (when you are not in the field). You will have limited, but sufficient time to eat and drink. The food choices will be similar to a cafeteria-style environment, but you will have less options, less variety, and much less time to decide what you want as well as eat it. You should eat as much as you can without over-stuffing yourself.

You will need all the calories you can get, as you will be burning them off rapidly every day in Marine Boot Camp. You should try to avoid the deserts if possible.

Sometimes your drill instructors will not allow you to get them anyway. Desert every once in a while is not a bad thing, but if you are a “diet-recruit”, you should eliminate the deserts all together in order to allow you to lose weight and get within the Marine Corps Height/Weight Standards at Marine Boot Camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Deserts??? Deserts ???

They have Deserts in boot camp now ??

I'll be dipped.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Deserts??? Deserts ???

They have Deserts in boot camp now ??

I'll be dipped.
    No chit!

We stole sugar packets in the mess hall at the rifle range; only sweets we ever got. Gained 35 lbs at PI. 140-175. Do not remember one meal, fast and filling is the only memory. Always hungry.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Monday: All you can eat pizza & salad bar.

Tuesday: Fresh lasagna made with Italian sausage, salad w/Semper Fi salad dressing, garlic toast, and two glasses of wine.

Wednesday: Fish bake down by the wharf if you are going to San Diego. Roasted alligator by the swamp if you’re going to P.I.

Thursday: Veal saltimbocca all romanas, tomato & garlic soup, and radishes with creamy anchovy butter.

Friday: Cumin-scented beef kababs, Greek-style salad, cream puffs for dessert

Saturday: A hamburger and hotdog BBQ in the playground behind the chow hall.

Sunday: Vegetarian Shepherd’s pie, beet-pickled deviled eggs, cheddar corn muffins w/jalapeno butter, grape & almond frangipane tart

No breakfasts. You will have brunch every day after you sleep in till 9:30, but in the afternoon before dinner, they will cart in some tasty hors d’oeuvres.

It won't matter what they serve, you'll eat as much of it as you can cram in your disgusting face before they kick you out. Yes, they have deserts now. No, you can't eat them. If you do, you (and several other recruits) will pay for your lack of discipline.

Also, if you're caught talking, not only are you done eating, your entire platoon is done eating.

Never had time to figure out what it was or how it tasted; goal was to clean my plate before the DI ran us all outside and that didn't happen often. Do remember all we had to drink was warm "bug juice" (kool-aide).

I call shens at the no talking comment. Towards the end there was the "done? okay 3..2..1.." at every table.

Credits
    Savings
    We stole sugar packets in the mess hall at the rifle range; only sweets we ever got. Gained 35 lbs at PI. 140-175. Do not remember one meal, fast and filling is the only memory. Always hungry.
    9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

Exactly !! except I went from 152 to 180, but I remember the sugar packets as well ! I did sneak a Hershey almond bar from one of the snack huts or whatever they were called. got caught by a guard too ! Told him my duty chit blew over to the machine and he didn't report me to the NCO in charge ! thank you God & that Prive

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Ok to actually answer your question...The food at the depot is actually pretty good, or at least I remember it being so. It might have been because I was so hungry all the time though too. The actual meals vary day to day/week to week, the only suggestion I can give is to eat as much salad, fruit, cottage cheese, and peanut butter as possible. Only drink milk for dinner/evening chow. Make everything into a sandwich if you can. The fried steak was always my favorite, put it on two pieces of wheat bread with some peanut butter...YUM!

And I wouldn't listen to all these old timers about the desert thing. Unless you're a diet recruit/fat body your DI's may actually make you eat desert. But it goes along with the milk think I said before, only eat it at dinner/evening chow. This way you can actually digest it in the evening/over night..not have to PT afterwards.

Credits
    Savings
    And this is considered a direct answer to question ? Paleeese !

The kind you put in your mouth.

Wow. Thanks Marines. Great answers. The reason I ask is not because I'm worried about what it will be, I ask based on pure curiosity.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'd like a reason as to deleting the four posts; pretty CS to me! Someone must be having their ''day"!

Thread Information