Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!

I want to wish all here a very Happy Thanksgiving. And, a special wish of Thanksgiving to those troops deployed in foreign lands far from home. Those of us that have experienced the Holidays away from home, in the service of this country, know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are probably the hardest times to be away from home and your loved ones.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Be Safe
    God Bless

Sempers,

Roger, Ellie and Family.........

Giving Thanks
    For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
    For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
    For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
    For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home --
    Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
    For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
    For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
    For the friendship that hope and affection have brought --

For the homes that with purest affection are blest,
    For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
    For our country extending from sea unto sea;
    The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" --

~Author Unknown

The first Thanksgiving celebrated so very little and today we have so very much. While you feast on turkey and football this thanksgiving, also take some time for reflection.

Same to you Roger have a safe and happy thanksgiving. My thoughts and prayers will be with out troops.

God Bless

Thanksgiving 2003

I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Also would like to ask each of you as you gather for this holiday with your families. loved ones and friends to give a special thanks to all those Marines, past and present who have and are providing us the opportunity to enjoy this holiday in the warmth of our homes, sharing our holiday meal with loved ones, and enjoying the freedoms we have!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LEATHERNECK FAMILY

Thanksgiving Wishes

Thanks Roger for starting this Thread.

As with Roger and Ellie, Me and my Family's wish is for All our Brothers and Sisters and Supporters here to have a Very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving and Holiday.

God Bless our Mom's and Dad's, Brothers and Sisters, Son's and Daughter's and Friends where ever they may be. To all that serve our Country in the States and in Foreign Lands I pray you are comforted at this time and have a Friend to share this Holiday with.

As my Brother said, for us who have served away from home during a Holiday this time is filled with mixed emotions, dreams and wonders of what is happening at home. Please remember you are not forgotten and are in our Hearts and on our minds.

For me I am Thankful for all my Brothers, Sisters and Friends here. Thank you all for being who you are.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

I enjoy your writing very much, and I look forward to reading
    your thoughts after work each day! Semper Fidelis, Tom

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Here's Your Orders of the Day!

You WILL Over Eat!

You WILL Spend the Day with Family!

You Will NOT Sit Home Alone! If you're alone this
    Thanksgiving---then go out and Find some one to
    spend the day with! Lots of Old Vets out there
    who would Love for you to visit with them.

You may Dress Up in Funny Looking Clothes and go
    pretend that you killed the Turkey Yourself!

Naps are required after eating!

Have Yourself A Wonderful Thanksgiving!

You Deserve it!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    To all and your families, I myself am truly thankful for many things and most of all the simple things in life, that I take for granted at times.
    Dan Fischer aka Butskie51

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    On the serious side.

The Blessings of Having Just Enough
    By VERLYN KLINKENBORG

In the early 1990's, archaeologists from the University of Arizona examined samples of household garbage in Tucson on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Their purpose was to decipher the nature of the feast by deciphering the garbage, as a scholar might examine the kitchen middens in the remains of an ancient village. They broke each sample into a list of ingredients, from "faunal material" — turkey bones — to "beverage related" items, like the plastic ring from a six-pack. The hardest task these archaeologists faced was trying to draw conclusions only from the physical evidence, as if they were not members of the culture that produced it.

Most of us have been to Thanksgivings where we feel like the archaeologist at the party. Who, we wonder, are these people? How do their kinship structures work? What is this strange food we're eating? Probably somebody felt that way at Tucson Thanksgiving C45-120291, where the most numerous items in the garbage were paper plates (38) and cigarette filter tips (190). But the same feeling crops up at fancier parties, too. Few things induce the archaeologist effect — the feeling of standing well outside one's culture — faster than highly formalized food rituals, which usually don't involve paper plates but often do involve in-laws and advanced arrays of cutlery.

You could sort through America's Thanksgiving garbage till New Year's and never deduce from it just why we celebrate this holiday. It would be one thing if the day marked a real divergence from the American pattern of consumption — ending months of barely enough with suddenly too much. Yet for most of us, every day is a case of a little more than we need. One student of feasts stipulates that they contain "foods not generally served at daily meals." For most Americans, however, daily meals now include foods that never used to be served at daily meals. By the standards of earlier eras, every day is a feast day, which is one way of saying that the very idea of a feast has begun to lose its meaning.

The Pilgrim Thanksgiving was a way of giving thanks not for plenty but for a sufficiency. As for us, we are better acquainted with too much than with enough. Today would be a good day to give thanks for just enough and to share the extra with those who lack even that much. If we did, we would all have more to be thankful for.
    ===================
    Years ago, before many of you were born, I saw a documentary about a tribe living on the edge of the Kwalahari Desert. They were the poorest people in the world. Their entire system of counting (mathmatics) was "One, Two, Three, ENOUGH."

Anything required for their survival, food, water, etc. that exceeded a three day supply was "enough".

I embraced that philosophy. We all determine the standard of living that will make our lives enjoyable and worthwhile. Thus, we all determine what "enough" means to us. Once "enough" is reached, anything else is excess.

Because of my business acumen (knowledge and experience) I am constantly approached by people who say, "Mike, have I got a deal for you. For only $xxxx, I guarantee we will make at least $xxxxxxxxx."

I don't even look at it. I tell them, "Friend, I HAVE enough. I have a car, one is enough, two is excess. I have a watch that tells me the time, I don't need a Rolex. I have a house that serves my needs. I don't need another. My family eats their fill, three meals a day, they couldn't handle one or two more a day.

I have a wife who fulfills my every need, I don't need a mistress on the side. My children's education is provided for, I don't think I could talk them into two schools a day.

I look at my life, and am content to enjoy it as it is. I have enough! To risk "enough" for "excess" opens the possiblity of losing, and not having "enough".

I have one car, don't need two, but I do need the one I have.

My watch, cheap as it is, keeps time for me. I'd hate to be without it.

I don't want to consider losing my house, or having my children suddenly going hungary.

I don't want to lose the respect of my wife, or force my children to drop out of school.

I have reached my definition of ENOUGH. To achieve excess is not worth the risk of not having enough.

One, Two, Three, Enough! Amazing, the things we can learn from those we look down upon.

I wish everyone a Joyfull, Safe and very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - may you have a great day with family and friends.

And let us be most thankful for those men and women who stand on that wall 24/7/365, defending our freedoms and allowing us
    have this day.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Giving Thanks..

My THANKS to all of you is heartfelt, wide spread (as in dinner table), and everlasting.

YOU help make this site what it is.... wonderful to be a part of. And not just the moderators.... All of you.

I can come in here, and feel among family. I can know that someone else feels the way I do about issues, or different. Kinda like family.

I can get a chuckle, a kick in the pants, a hug, or even an a$$ chewing, ands every one is from the HEART. From a MARINE. From family.

Thanks.... everybody.

Semper Fidelis

Terry

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this day of giving thanks. And we will be setting an extra plate for the ones that gave their life.

Giving Thanks

For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
    For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
    For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
    For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home --

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
    For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
    For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
    For the friendship that hope and affection have brought --

For the homes that with purest affection are blest,
    For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
    For our country extending from sea unto sea;
    The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" --

Author Unknown

Sempers,

Roger

Thanks to all!! and to all a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

SEMPER FIDELIS !! JP

I wish each of you that serve, all that served, & all that prepare to serve God, Country & Corps, and your families a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Wishing that each of you have all that you need & good fellowship in this life. Thankful to see the well expressed greetings here.

Thread Information