Poser?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poser?

Poser?

So I came across this member photo on another forum.

He says he was in the Corps from 2007 to 2010.
    His MOS was 0317 (scout sniper) and 0323 (recon).

So that is:
    1 Bronze Star
    1 Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
    1 Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
    1 Combat Action Ribbon
    2 Good Conduct Medals
    2 National Defense Medals
    2 Afghanistan Campaign Medals
    2 Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medals
    2 Global War on Terrorism Service Medals
    2 Navy and Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
    1 Kuwait Liberation Medal

Most of his stars are impossible.

Sniper/recon yet sharpshooter.

Not to mention he has too many chins to be recon or a sniper, and no Marine with would wear that dirty ass uniform.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I couldn't find anywhere else for it.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...beration-Medal

If he entered service on 2007 he couldn't have been issued the Kuwait Liberation Medal. His GCM has a star = 6 years service. His NDM has a star meaning twice awarded, he would have had to been on active duty between August 2, 1990 to November 30, 1995 and after 9/11 for two awards. The Overseas Ribbon/star means two complete years overseas. Not sure how you can boot camp, school, two complete years overseas and out processing within 3 years service. The Global War on Terrorism Service Medal does not rate a star:

Only one award of the expeditionary medal and service medal may be authorized for any individual; therefore, no service stars are prescribed.

http://www.defense.gov/releases/rele...releaseid=7092

PGN63....

Ha...so...that is a yes to the "Poser?" question.

You summed it up pretty well for me.

Carry on...

Certainly claiming false MOS's if not wearing false ribbons....

No SS would be a 'sharpshooter' in ANYthing. That's just a no go.

A bronze star with no 'V' for valor on a Cpl? Not happenin. That BS with no 'v' would be for 'meritorous service' in a Combat zone. Serious paperwork award that a Cpl, quite honestly, wouldn't get.

NavCom possible, but again, no V.

Remainder of the rack as described above. Bogus.

So, yeah. Poser. Or at least a candidate for 'Stolen valor'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    A bronze star with no 'V' for valor on a Cpl? Not happenin.
    No shvt....pretty laughable even though you could probably call these pukes out better than myself.
    If I wanted to be a stellar poser I'd certainly do my Ribbon Research first.

Carry on...

LOL. Once a turd...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    LOL. Once a turd...
    Ain't that the truth.
    So much EGA envy out there.

Carry on...

Aside from all the other garbage this guy is faking, it takes 6 years to receive two Good Conduct Medals. Enlisted from 2007 to 2010?

Poser=Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    Poser=Loser.

I agree !

PGN63

I agree with you,like Chulaivet1966 said, that summed it up for me too.He's a Poser!!!

S/F

Redclyde!

probably chose sharpshooter badges because they look cool and look like the ww1 German blue max award from the movie of the same title.

Another one????? Why don't they just join up and serve?

Quote Originally Posted by PGN63 View Post
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...beration-Medal

If he entered service on 2007 he couldn't have been issued the Kuwait Liberation Medal. His GCM has a star = 6 years service. His NDM has a star meaning twice awarded, he would have had to been on active duty between August 2, 1990 to November 30, 1995 and after 9/11 for two awards. The Overseas Ribbon/star means two complete years overseas. Not sure how you can boot camp, school, two complete years overseas and out processing within 3 years service. The Global War on Terrorism Service Medal does not rate a star:

Only one award of the expeditionary medal and service medal may be authorized for any individual; therefore, no service stars are prescribed.

http://www.defense.gov/releases/rele...releaseid=7092
    Agrees 100% with the above. If you look at this from a logical standpoint, here goes. If this Corporal was a Scout Sniper and Recon, why only Sharpshooter qualification status on both weapons? Secondly it was said he only served 3 years? Then how on earth did he rate 2 Good Conduct Medals? By SOME of his ribbons he is portraying himself as a Desert Storm Veteran too, but he only shows the Kuwaiti Kuwait Liberation Medal, so where is the Southwest Asia Service Medal (with up to 3 stars max allowed) and his Saudi Kuwait Liberation Medal. Plus if he has made both combat deployments where are his Sea Service Deployment Ribbons? He shows 2 Overseas Ribbons which means he did NOT service with the FMF overseas (IF any of this is to be believable). In regards to the Combat Action Ribbon, if he is indeed a ODS Vet and a GWOT vet he would rate 2 Combat Action Ribbons, not one. This man (and I use that term loosely) probably was NEVER a Marine and if he was, was probably thrown out. I would bet 100% this guy is definitely a poser and should be called out on it. This ****es me off cause I am a Cold War, Operation Desert Storm, Global War on Terrorism Service Veteran and for some one to pose like this that they are, when indeed they are not, dishonors all my brothers and sisters who have worn, or do wear the uniform for real, especially those we have lost.

At least he's not wearing that new drone medal. Now that would **** me off.

Thread Information