Paperwork question
Create Post

Paperwork question

Hey everyone, my boyfriend is in the process of joining the marines. We will soon be married, but not currently. Anyway, that is not the specific paperwork question just some background. We live together in an apartment and I know when he has his orders we will be able to break our lease. On his paperwork it shows this address as his present address. I guess what my question is: since when he leaves we won't be here anymore will that cause a problem? Will they send important info/whatever to this address after we break the lease? In a month or so we will be moving into my parents until he leaves, so should he put that as his current instead so anything important gets sent to me? Thanks for any help, the paperwork is a little overwhelming.

Topic closed until you have a complete profile filled out besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum when profile is filled out and topic will be re-opened.

Also....since your "boyfriend" is not no Marine yet, you are not no Marine Spouse.
    PM Rocky C and have your username changed to Marine Friend.

Re-opened.

To answer:

He should list either his parents or where you will be staying when he is in Recruit Training. IF he can, he may not be able to. They'll basically look at his DL or other official ID and take the address from there.

FYI, unless he is listed on the lease, you aren't covered under soldiers/sailors relief act, and breaking it means you'll be subject to the penalties. You aren't married yet so even if HE can break it, you likely cannot. Look before you leap.

You aren't married yet so even if HE can break it, you likely cannot

Thread Information